GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
The ZL1 will be eating Cobras for breakfast, Vipers for lunch and GTs for Supper! With little ricer candies in between. :D

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
:blink: *faints*

·
Registered
44,166 Posts
:eek:

GOOD. That mean XLR-V can have 500+ HP, and Chevy can have their precious title of "performance leader" in GM. <_<

·
Registered
396 Posts
why would the reiteration of the ZL1 been twin turbo'd, and not naturally aspirated like the rest of the GM's SBCs from year's past?

·
Registered
685 Posts
Originally posted by mgescuro@Nov 13 2003, 04:18 AM

GOOD. That mean XLR-V can have 500+ HP, and Chevy can have their precious title of "performance leader" in GM. <_<
You know that could be a very good point. By making a special model Vette practically untouchable, it may make it more pallitable(sp?) for other special models to have more than a reg. Vette. Sounds reasonable to me.

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Originally posted by mackingu@Nov 13 2003, 12:56 PM
why would the reiteration of the ZL1 been twin turbo'd, and not naturally aspirated like the rest of the GM's SBCs from year's past?
I don't care as long as it has 625hp. :D

Besides "twin turbo" just has a nice ring to it.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I don't know what to say....

5min later... Bob lutz DID say that the Vette would trounce all challengers including the Ford GT, mabye this is what he has up his sleeve. Somebody please verify this, I am simple astounded I knew GM could do something like this, I just douted that they would, this will show EVERYBODY.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Originally posted by Ming@Nov 13 2003, 06:46 PM
Besides "twin turbo" just has a nice ring to it.
It's not the "nice ring too it" that i'm glad to hear.

625HP (claimed) is well enough to satisfiy quite a number of individuals whom desire preformance. As i saw on the CamaroZ28 fourm - someone there compared the claimed 625hp ZL1 C6 to be on par with a:

McLaren F1 627+hp
Enzo Ferrari 660hp
Mercedes CL/S65 612hp (700+tq!)

The thing is that those cars are expensive (DUH! <_<). As such - i think that if GM was to produce this "Holy grail of Corvette's with assumed 625hp TT ZL1 option" - it would put GM in a very good position. Maybe something like "You can have this 625hp TT Corvette that (i would assume with currect Corvette pricing) costs substantialy less than the above compeditors. OR - you can buy one of the above compeditors and pay twice as much for the same horsepower. I mean - you'd want to buy a ferrari for it's name right?" ;)

625hp is amazing. But since i have a soft spot for turbochargers - :woot2:

- and since it could be twin turbo'ed -

:woot2: :woot2:

It would shatter that stupid belive that american sports cars were never ment to be "world class sports cars". Then maybe i can rub this stuff into that ricers face who said that "Turbocharged american cars are gay".

*coughGNXcough*

·
Registered
236 Posts
Oh, idiot ricers would still find some reason to hate on it, like "Supras were TT first" or something like that. You can't win with ricers. Beat them in a race and their come back is "At least I get better gas mileage!" <_<

·
Registered
44,166 Posts
Originally posted by sykboy+Nov 13 2003, 01:06 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sykboy @ Nov 13 2003, 01:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-mgescuro@Nov 13 2003, 04:18 AM

GOOD.  That mean XLR-V can have 500+ HP, and Chevy can have their precious title of "performance leader" in GM.  <_<
You know that could be a very good point. By making a special model Vette practically untouchable, it may make it more pallitable(sp?) for other special models to have more than a reg. Vette. Sounds reasonable to me. [/b][/quote]
Palatable. :D

Anyhoo.... a 625HP Vette will make the likelihood of an XLR-V at 500+ HP all the much more likely. No more of Chevy's complaints about being the performance king of GM... period.

That will give Caddy enough room to maneuver against the AMG's and the M's of the world. Until they go to 700HP. <_<

GImme the XLR-V with a 6/7 speed Manu-matic for $90K and you've got a sale GM!!!!

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Originally posted by sceltor@Nov 13 2003, 07:02 PM
Oh, idiot ricers would still find some reason to hate on it, like "Supras were TT first" or something like that. You can't win with ricers. Beat them in a race and their come back is "At least I get better gas mileage!" <_<
Yeah but then you could always say "Do you enjoy the smell of burning tires and the sound of an all-american V-8?" :lol: B) :mrt:

·
Registered
236 Posts
American sports & musclecars have such nice rear ends. Too bad its always ricers looking at them! :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
5min later... Bob lutz DID say that the Vette would trounce all challengers including the Ford GT, mabye this is what he has up his sleeve. Somebody please verify this, I am simple astounded I knew GM could do something like this, I just douted that they would, this will show EVERYBODY.
Lutz also said that the Z06 and 500 horsepower were not necessarily the limit of the C6, and that they would have other variants if they felt they were needed.

I think a 625 hp ZL-1 would definitely be a "gotta-have" for GT/911/Viper/NSX buyers.

Ghrankenstein

·
Registered
248 Posts
Would the ZL1 use the hatch or the Z06 body? Personally, I'd like to see it use the hatch. However, I just want to see it :bounce:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Originally posted by Ghrankenstein@Nov 14 2003, 05:53 PM
I think a 625 hp ZL-1 would definitely be a "gotta-have" for GT/911/Viper/NSX buyers.
and you somehow managed to put NSX in the same sentence as 911 - Viper - and GT? How'd you do it?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Heck with the NSX. Its overpriced and underpowered.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I really don't see this being real, I could see it being produced but not for under 100K, and Limited production. Also 125 HP increase with twin turbos, seems pretty weak. But they also only get 8% gain in fuel efficiency with 1/2 the clyinders running.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts