GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
45,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ZEVs accounted for 18.8% of all new cars sold in California in 2022; 3 counties account for almost half

California announced that 18.8% (345,818 units) of all new cars sold last year in California were ZEVs. A small number of those ZEV sales (3.89%, or 3,303 units) were made to out-of-state buyers. 40% of ZEVs sold in the US are sold in California.

ZEV sales in California are up 38% from 2021 and 138% from 2020. The distribution of sales within the state, however, is highly uneven, with shares of new ZEV sales by county ranging from a high of 34.04% in Santa Clara county to a low of 0.63% in Modoc county.

In terms of actual sales, three California counties—Los Angeles, Orange and Santa Clara—account for almost 50% of the state’s new ZEV sales: 169,869 units out of 345,818. With San Diego and Alameda counties for the top 5, the total is 219,257, or 63.4% of the total.

Last month, the California Energy Commission approved a $2.9-billion investment plan that accelerates California’s 2025 electric vehicle charging and hydrogen refueling goals. In November, the California Air Resources Board approved a $2.6-billion investment plan to support a wide range of ZEV projects, with 70% of the funds directed to disadvantaged and low-income communities.

In addition, California expects to receive $384 million of federal funding from the National Electric Vehicle Infrastructure Program to install charging stations throughout the state.

Product Rectangle Azure Font Slope

Slope Rectangle Plot Line Font

More at Link

· Registered
1,035 Posts
Just got my new electric bill this month, Eversource from 15.1 kw an hour to 21.6 kw an hour, a over 25% increase. This all electric future is going to be quickly silenced if they can't contain electrical rates imo!

· Registered
2,838 Posts
Just got my new electric bill this month, Eversource from 15.1 kw an hour to 21.6 kw an hour, a over 25% increase. This all electric future is going to be quickly silenced if they can't contain electrical rates imo!
I've been saying this for over a year now. May as well pay off your V8 and just put the payments towards fuel.

· Super Moderator
22,746 Posts
are you using a 3rd party supplier? with all the taxes and transmission fees my eversource charge is around $.30 a kWh with the increase, about a 50% increase on the generation rate. I need to look into a 3rd party supplier (I'm in CT).

· Registered
2,806 Posts
There is a fundamental flaw in your analysis. Sure, your electric utility rate has increased over what it had been. However, you don't buy for percentage increases or decreasing. You buy what the charging station charges you. Presumably, your alternative to electricity is gasoline or diesel fuel. You analysis should come down to three questions:
  1. How much do you have to pay for the electric energy to transport you for 300 miles?
  2. How much do you have to pay for the gasoline or diesel fuel to transport you for 300 miles?
  3. Which is less?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts