Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone? Anyone at all?

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Hudson said:
Suzuki Swift GT (or a modern interpretation of it).

That's it.
We will get one by 2007. Dealer said it will have a little under 200 hp and will be the sports car for Suzuki.

Here is the one that the rest of the world gets and our will look like:
Suzuki Swift

Ours will either have the 2.0 droped in or a turbo of the engine currently in there(this part is specualtion)

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Being I am one of the few on this forum that currently own a Suzuki and know what their lineup needs and is capable of, this is my ideal lineup:

Cars:

First I believe with the success of Scion, Suzuki is the master of kei cars and should bring MR Wagon , the Kei Works, or my personal favorite the Wagon R.

To that, they could add the new Swift (see above link in prev post), and make that their sports car. Also they should add a convertable based off this car that was showcased on the Concept S2.

They should drop the Forenza and Reno, but keep the Aerio. This would keep the lineup more "Suzuki" based.

They should keep the Verona as the Aerio is currently the largest car Suzuki makes.

So cars in this order from smallest to largest:
Kei Sport
Swift
MR Wagon
Wagon R
Aerio
Verona

Then bring over the factory performance from Suzuki Sport.

Trucks/SUVs:

Since the settlement of the CU, I think they should bring the Samurai back as an affordable small suv in the 12-15 thousand range. They could use the Jimny for that. Or sell a 4 door and use the Ignis Crossover.

For small SUV they should use the current replacement for the Grand Vitara that will be built off the Nox platform.

Finally a midsize size SUV could be built off the elongated platform of the Nox, they showcased this on the Concept-X Suv at the NAIS.

So SUV lineup would be from smallest to largest:
Jimny(Samurai)
Ignis(Samurai 4 door or Sidekick)
Grand Vitara
Concept-X

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hudson said:
Suzuki Swift GT (or a modern interpretation of it).

That's it.
I'd hope that's on top of what they currently have... I dont wanna see GM pull an Isuzu on Suzuki, especially when they're rapidly growing now...

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SonicAerio said:
Being I am one of the few on this forum that currently own a Suzuki and know what their lineup needs and is capable of, this is my ideal lineup:

Cars:

First I believe with the success of Scion, Suzuki is the master of kei cars and should bring MR Wagon , the Kei Works, or my personal favorite the Wagon R.

To that, they could add the new Swift (see above link in prev post), and make that their sports car. Also they should add a convertable based off this car that was showcased on the Concept S2.

They should drop the Forenza and Reno, but keep the Aerio. This would keep the lineup more "Suzuki" based.

They should keep the Verona as the Aerio is currently the largest car Suzuki makes.

So cars in this order from smallest to largest:
Kei Sport
Swift
MR Wagon
Wagon R
Aerio
Verona

Then bring over the factory performance from Suzuki Sport.

Trucks/SUVs:

Since the settlement of the CU, I think they should bring the Samurai back as an affordable small suv in the 12-15 thousand range. They could use the Jimny for that. Or sell a 4 door and use the Ignis Crossover.

For small SUV they should use the current replacement for the Grand Vitara that will be built off the Nox platform.

Finally a midsize size SUV could be built off the elongated platform of the Nox, they showcased this on the Concept-X Suv at the NAIS.

So SUV lineup would be from smallest to largest:
Jimny(Samurai)
Ignis(Samurai 4 door or Sidekick)
Grand Vitara
Concept-X
I don't think all those small boxes will be selling in America to well... one, sure, to fight Scion, but half the lineup? I wouldn't go for that... my opinion anyway...

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, it's your lineup, just my suggestion (you don't gotta change it just because of me ;)) Wagon R would be a Scion killer... and the Swift would be cool, but I think you'll need to refocus the Aerio a bit, as they may overlap a little, both going for the young crowd wanting a sporty, compact, different, and inexpensive car... maybe make the Aerio a coupe to go agains the Tiburon? Just a suggestion... :) I g2g, tomorrow I'll leave a few more suggestions if you want 'em... but like I said, you don't gotta change your lineup, just some ideas to think about... ;) :)

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
From my knowledge of Suzuki, a true replacement for the Swift GT is NOT on the horizon. I've been promised something great from the people I know at Suzuki (not dealers), but they have yet to make good on these promises. The existing cars are fine, but they're too bland for my tastes. I'll stick with my old car.

And to the point about GM pulling "an Isuzu," GM doesn't have that much say in the affairs of American Suzuki (or Suzuki Motors, for that matter). Isuzu's problems can't be blamed on GM either. Isuzu is a tiny company who relied on one product (the Rodeo) for far too long and are paying the price for it. Suzuki is a large car company with a product lineup that's far too small to be popular in the US...which is why their interest in GM DAT has paid off in North American marketing.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Well with Wagon R, Swift, and Aerio in lineup, they are all completely different with the swift being a MINI fighter, Wagon R an xB fighter, and the Aerio an entry sedan. I guess you could throw the Forenza in there in just because people like bland, inoffensife cars. But come to think of it a true sprts car would be nice. If they did get one it would have to be out of GM parts bin. Hmmmm... possibly a coupe built off the kappa platform, being that the swift would be optional with convertable, there would be no product overlap in GM lineup.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Hudson said:
From my knowledge of Suzuki, a true replacement for the Swift GT is NOT on the horizon. I've been promised something great from the people I know at Suzuki (not dealers), but they have yet to make good on these promises. The existing cars are fine, but they're too bland for my tastes. I'll stick with my old car.
It's been in the pipeworks for some time and is guaranteed that we are going to get some type of sports car from Suzuki out of the other 4 vehicles yet to hit the market to reach their goal of 200,000 cars by 2007, and they said it was based off the Concept S, so therefore I said swift, could come over with different name, but would be a cool resurrection of a dead name.

As for bland......have you ever driven an Aerio? Make sure its a manual, they are a lot of fun, and very comfortable to drive due to seat height. Not to mention odd (un bland) looks.

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
SonicAerio:

I'm very active in the automotive industry. I have driven many variations of the Aerio and I still prefer my GT.

I don't recall any sort of sports car being announced as part of the "pipeline," and I do follow this company's activities. I don't think it's "guaranteed."

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
SonicAerio, well, I decided I liked your Wagon R idea... I added that to my lineup... :p

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
AmericanRevolution said:
SonicAerio, well, I decided I liked your Wagon R idea... I added that to my lineup... :p
If Suzuki brought that here and publicized it..... It would chew up and spit out an xB.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
SonicAerio said:
If Suzuki brought that here and publicized it..... It would chew up and spit out an xB.
Yip... as long as they market it CORRECTLY (which, unfortunately, GM has trouble doing... :rolleyes: )

·
Registered
5 Posts
Time to put in my $.02...

I just picked up a 2005 Ignis Sport and it is a great daily driver. The suspension is tight for cornering and the Variable Valve Timing gives it a boost for passing. The ABS and Traction control work like a dream. It is a big step down from the 2002 Camaro SS that I used to have and I only recommend it for the Rally Types. It takes a real beating.

The Grand Vitara is a good grocery getter. The brakes only have 2 settings On and OFF. It also have a habit og getting loose in the rain. Not recommended for offroading more than loose gravel.

XL7 - great bang for the buck. I dont think there is anything bad to say about this one.

And the bset Suzuki ever made is the Hayabusa...

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
kobolos said:
And the bset Suzuki ever made is the Hayabusa...
If only Suzuki could look at what others are doing with that engine, and intigrate it into a small roaster like a Cappucino. I know that they have a Hayabusa concept on GT4. I have seen in put in a classic mini as well.... Imagine, a 1.3 with 170hp and 130Tq, Make a roadster in a base version with that engine and a SWT or Suzuki Sport verion with a Turbo. Then the import crowd would essentially have their "Hemi":

"Yeah, its got a Hayabusa"

1 - 20 of 21 Posts