·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Solstice - The nimble handler - turbocharged engine optional in GXP model
G4 - Restyled Suzuki Aerio entry car in sedan and hatch form.
G6 - With oodles of trim options, bread & butter car. Push 3900 engine with marketing - focusing on "new" engine status, and variable valve timing.
G8 - RWD V8 (3900 V6 base) sedan. Must be different in some significant way from the Chevy version. Comp/G package remains. Offers similar interior space to Bonneville, but at Grand Prix prices at the low end.
GTO - Similar to G8, but coupe form, lowered suspension (GTO Tempest V6 base car) Styling much more extroverted than outgoing GTO or G8. Free-flowing muffler tuned for NOISE!
SV6 - Redesigned true "sport van" 3900 engine standard, lowered stance, doubles as "ute" and van with bold, stylish looks, thumpin' 12-speaker "Thunder" package sound system.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Restyled Aerio? Now that's a first that I've heard... And base GTO getting a V6? And I still am trying to figure out why Pontiac needs a "sports" van... Wow... Aside w/ disagreeing with those three, I'd generally like it... :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Solstice Roadster Convertible (High Output 4 cylinder)
G4 (Sunfire replacement - sedan, coupe, convertible models, must look sportier than the Chevy Cobalt) (4 cylinder)
G6 - Sedan, Coupe, Convertible (V6)
G8 - (Grand Prix replacement -- sedan, and also offer a sporty coupe) (V8)
Firebird (Bring back the Firebird, Formula, and Trans Am to replace the slow selling GTO) (Offer V6 on Firebird, V8 on Formula and Trans Am -- convertible available on all models)
Aggressor (Pontiac version of the Chevy Corvette, but much sportier appearance and more horsepower)

Pontiac is supposed to be the sport and performance division -- so all models should be badged with GT on base models, GTP for loaded option models, and GXP for high performance models -- with the exception of the Solstice and Firebird). I understand why Pontiac took off the "cladding" on the door panels -- but I want them to bring back the ground effects, hood scoops, and big spoilers! Okay, get ready to laugh -- but I miss the semi-hidden pop-up headlight covers that used to be on the late 80s/early 90s Pontiac Sunbird GT's!! Also make all convertibles retractable hardtops -- no more soft tops. Eliminate the Vibe, Torrent, and Montana SV6 from the Pontiac lineup. Pontiac should stick to cars. If people don't like the higher prices or high performance, than they should buy the cheaper sister car version at their local Chevy dealer =)

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Pursuit: (fwd, Coblat based) 2.2L Ecotec, 2.4L Eco-tec and 215hp 2.0 S/C Eco-tec. Both 4 door sedans, 2 door coupes and 5 door hatch (mini-wagon)

Solstice: 2.4L Ectotec base and 240hp 2.4L S/C. NEW 2 door coupe.

G6. Base 2.4L Ecotec, SE 2.8L DOHC HF V6 210hp, GT 255hp 3.6L HF
Offer an optional AWS on SE and GT--see if it will sell. 6 speed autos and 6 speed manuals.

Bonneville: RWD Sigma based. 265hp 3.6L HF V6, 330hp 4.6L Northstar,
S/C 4.4 Northstar with 420hp

GTO- 6.2L 430hp LS2 with 6 speed manual/6 speed auto
Tempest-(GTO platform) 265hp 3.6L HF V6

Mine has alot of engine overlap but so does Nissans 3.5L V6. Production of HF would be quite high and therefore lower costs.

Pontiac needs to go hi-tech and get the hp up there. Stop acting sporty and prove it.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bump! Post yours here!

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Solstice -- As is with a turbo GT model (I know, it's coming)

Tempest -- Small stretched Kappa chassised coupe with 200Hp base Ecotec, 250-265Hp turbo GT model, and a 325Hp LS4 powered GXP.

G6 -- As is with the addition of an awd option

GP/GTO -- Zeta based 4door/2door 3.6HF base with LS4 GT and LS2 GXP

·
Banned
11,892 Posts
Phoenix $20k - $25k built on next gen Delta AWD and Supercharged Ecotec 2.4, should be good for 250hp

Solstice $20k - $30k as is.. With the Edition of the GXP model of course..

Fiero $25k - $30k, Mid-Engine AWD 3.9 V6, the 3.9 V6 gets a pump to 300hp and 265 ft.lb
It will revive the orginal Fiero, and it will be close to the Ferrari F430 design theme

Firebird $30k - $35k LS4 V8 RWD, the LS4 should be good for 350hp and 350 ft.lb of torque
Based on Zeta it will continue on the design theme of the last gen Firebird, with hoodscoopes, flared wheel arches and popup headlights

GTO $35k - $55k LS2 V8 RWD, optional LS7 V8 and AWD, engines same output as in the Corevtte, no detuning!
Based on Zeta, it will have extended wheelbase for more legroom in the back and will have different sheetmetal and interior design than the Firebird and more upscale and luxurious

All coupes, no Sedans nor SUVs in My Pontiac Lineup, the Sedans and SUVs will be covered by GMC and Buick..

Added more info..

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Butz said:
Phoenix $20k - $25k built on next gen Delta AWD and Supercharged Ecotec 2.4
Solstice $20k - $30k as is.. With the Edition of the GXP model of course..
Fiero $25k - $30k, Mid-Engine AWD 3.9 V6
Firebird $30k - $35k LS4 V8 RWD
GTO $35k - $55k LS2 V8 RWD, optional LS7 V8 and AWD

All coupes, no Sedans nor SUVs in My Pontiac Lineup, the Sedans and SUVs will be covered by GMC and Buick..
:confused: Buick doesn't build performance sedans and GMC doesn't build performance SUV's...

Otherwise, seems good... any other details? Power output? Designs? Etc?

·
Registered
44,159 Posts
My Pontiac Lineup

G4 -- FWD/AWD compact sedan/hatch.
Engine -- EcoTec @ 171 & 210
GXP -- EcoTec 250
Tranny -- 5spd Auto w/ Tapshift or 6spd manual

G6 -- FWD/AWD midsized sedan/coupe/convertible/wagon
Engine -- EcoTec @ 180 @ 225; V6 @ 250
GXP -- V6 @280
GXP -- 6spd Auto w/ TapShift

G8 -- Full Sized RWD/AWD Sedan/Coupe
Engine -- V6 @ 250; V6 @ 300
GXP -- V8 @ 380
GXP -- 6spd Auto w/ TapShift

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Compact RWD chassis:
Solstice: 2.4L I4 turbo 2.0L I4
Sunbird 2-door 4-seat fastback: same

Mid-size RWD chassis:
Firebird: 4.8L V8 5.3L V8
Trans Am: LS2
Grand Am 4-door 5-seat with optional AWD: 3.5L V6 4.8L V8 5.3 V8

Full-size RWD chassis:
GTO: LS2
Grand Prix 4-door 5-seat with optional AWD: 4.8L V8 5.3L V8 LS2
Safari 7-seat crossover with optional AWD: 5.3L V8 LS2

The crossover would be nothing more then a over glorified station wagon like the SRX is. :D

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
bump

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
  • Grand Prix -- This would be a true GT machine that would be built off of the Zeta platform. To me it matters not whether it is built in Oz next to the Commodore or if it is built in NA at Oshawa. Base power should come from the 3.6HF V6 engine making around 275-300Hp and have both a 6-speed manual and automatic transmissions available. A GT level car should have a RWD version of the LS4 making in the 325-340Hp range and the GXP shold have a minimum of 400Hp
  • GTO -- This would basically be the two door version of the Grand Prix. It should have a different front and rear fascia to further differentiate the model. Hood scoops and a modernized GTO badge should also grace this car. Powertrains would be the same as the Grand Prix except no V6 version
  • Tempest -- This would be a sedan based on the Holden Torana concept and would replace the current G6. The base power should come from a NA version of the DI Ecotec engine and should have around 200Hp, an upgraded GT model would get either a Turbo DI Ecotec making 260-275 HP or a 3.6 HF making the same power. The top of the line GXP would get a LS4 making in the 325-330Hp range
  • Firebird -- The coupe version of the Tempest with different sheet metal front and rear. Powertrain options would be similar. This car would be smaller, lighter, and more agile than the Zeta based Comaro
  • Solstice Roadster -- Current car but continually upgraded
  • Solstice Coupe -- Hardtop version of the roadster, it would still only seat two but would be a more all-season car
  • Tsunami -- This would be the replacement to the G5 and would be highly based on the Opel Astra OPC hatch and only the hatch model, no sedan or coupe, those would be for Saturn and Chevrolet instead. The base engine would be the NA DI Ecotec making around 200Hp and the GXP version would have the Turbo DI making 260-270Hp
  • Torrent -- This could be one of two different ideas. The first would be an AWD only version of the Theta chassis sporting the 3.6HF making around 275Hp or the second choice would be a CUV based on the Torana chassis with the same powerplant. Either way, the vehilce should be a cross between the current Torrent and the outgoing Aztec. The CUV would be a highly versatile and optionable vehicle for active Type-A lifestylers.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Solstice: (2 seater/hardtop optional) 4 cylinder w/Turbo GXP

G6: different name a must, more muscular styling, lots of tech options (Ipod, Nav, etc..) 2 door, 4 door, and vert options

Grand Prix: 4 door only, optional V8 350hp-ish, wheel flares, wide tires, dual exhaust, sunroof, chrome grill and accents

GTO: 2 door version of GP but w/ more style, hood scoops, tasteful spoilers, optional "Judge" Edition (450hp).

Firebird: Base 275hp V6, Formula 345 hp midlevel V8, 425hp T/A 6.2. Screaming eagle hood graphic, blacked out tail lights, quad headlights, significant different styling than Camaro.

*All Pontiacs should have shared styling cues (hood scoops, wheel flares, dual exhaust, red gauge lighting, etc..)

*Colored interiors are a must. The one thing I really liked about the GTOs was that the colored interiors brought life into an otherwise dull car.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Here's my Pontiac lineup:
Pontiac LeMans - A rebadged Opel Tigra. Not needed in a smaller Pontiac, but fun.
Pontiac Tempest - The Opel Astra sedan. Turbocharged and DI, nothing less. Seems like Pontiac needs a smaller G5 replacement, and with gas prices as they are, this seems pretty important.
Pontiac Vibe - Kick Toyota to the curb. Take the WTCC Ultra concept that was Chevy's, tone it down a bit (not too much,) and make that Pontiac's Mazda3 fighter. It's probably only necessary to have Tempest or Vibe, but both would be nice.
Pontiac Grand Am - G6 replacement, RWD. Rebadged Holden Torana (they need to build it.) Definitely necessary.
Pontiac Grand Prix - The G8. Done deal.
Pontiac Bonneville - Holden just showed a really powerful HSV W427 version of the Commodore. Badge that mother as the Bonneville GXP and bring it on over. Not really needed, but would really cement Pontiac's standing as the true performance brand.
Pontiac GTO - Holden Coupe 60. I believe this is the most important vehicle in the whole Pontiac lineup, some might disagree.
Pontiac Solstice - Keep it comin', great vehicle.
Pontiac Firebird - 2+2 coupe on Camaro platform, NOT RETRO. This will keep it from getting too close to Camaro. Top of the line is Trans Am, equals GT-R in performance. Much like Bonneville and GTO, not a necessity, but would show what Pontiac is truly capable of, and isn't that the point of keeping it around?

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
g5-
delta II based fwd 2.3 turbo 4 cyl coupe
g6-
alpha based rwd midsize coupe and sedan. 2.3 turbo,3.6 di v6
g8-
current but add coupe,wagon,gxp
solstice-
add coupe gxp coupe
g7-
rwd biased awd small suv. turbo 2.3 gt,turbo 3.6 di gxp
vibe-
made by GM. awd small wagon. 1.4 turbo,2.3 turbo

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
SWB Alpha Sports Car
Solstice(Coupe/Conv.)
220hp 2.4L I4
310hp TT 2.0L I4

SWB Alpha Sub-Compact
SunFire(Sedan)
130hp 2.0L I4 15,000
220hp 2.4L I4 19,000
310hp TT2.0L I4 23,000

LWB Alpha Compact
Grand Am(Sedan) Trans Am(Coupe/Conv.)
220hp I4 (20,000)
310hp 2.4L I4 (25,000)
400hp DI 5.3L V8 (30,000)

Zeta Mid size
Grand Prix(Sedan) GTO(Coupe)
310hp TT2.4L I4 (26,000)
400hp DI 5.3L (32,000)
490hp DI 6.2L (38,000)

Zeta Full Size
Bonneville(Sedan)
400hp DI 5.3L (33,000)
490hp DI 6.2L (40,000)
580hp LS9 (47,000)

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Re-DO-
g3-kappa II sedan 2.0 turbo 260 hp
g5-delta II 2.0 turbo 4 cyl 260 hp coupe, sedan,2.3 turbo 300 hp
g6-epsilon II based 2.3 turbo,3.0 turbo v6 coupe,sedan,conv.
solstice-kappa II coupe and conv.2.0 turbo,2.4 ecotec
g8-2.3 turbo 4 cyl,3.6 di v6,6.0 v8,6.2 v8 add coupe
vibe-delta II based hatchback 2.0 turbo

1 - 20 of 53 Posts