GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks, here is it. A legitimate opportunity to get your letters and pictures put "in the right hands" at GM Corporate headquarters.

The following is from Scott Settlemire, at GM. He is looking to send a message to folks at GM Corp HQ. He needs our help NOW.

=======================================

Good evening, all,

I posted a request on another board a few weeks back.....this particular board is very vocal about GM and bringing back the Camaro nameplate.

I'm posting my "rant post" ....and hopefully some of you can send me 'stuff'.

Don't mean to offend anyone....(and I MAY live to regret posting my work address.....) but if ever there were a time I need the enthusiast community's help, it's now.

here goes:

Good evening, fellow enthusiasts.

A few weeks ago, I posted a request...a "homework assignment" if you will.

http://web.camaross.com/forums/showthread....threadid=232574

Let me first assure you that GM has never given up on performance. Yes, the Camaro and Firebird nameplates were, for the lack of a better term, put on "hiatus" after the 2002 model year. No one, I believe, was more torn up about this than I. To this day, I still have bad dreams about the last days of production.
No one wants to see a 5th Gen more than I.

I'd love to 'spill the beans' about many things that are being worked on....amazing new products......... If I did, GM would be forced to fire me.....and rightfully so.

Now...back to the homework assignment.

As of this afternoon, I received a total of 12 responses. To each of the 12 respondents, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

To the rest of you: I notice that no one seems to have a problem expressing their opinions on this board. Most of you are not bashful. And most of you have the strength to sit at the keyboard and type away.

I have given you the perfect opportunity to be heard. Yet there is a "strange silence" if you will.....

(insert crickets chirping here........)

...it appears, based on the results thusfar, that the mail room will NOT have to make a 'special delivery' to me anytime soon....with hundreds of envelopes stuffed full of pictures and well written letters.

How 'bout taking some of that passion that you have.....that anger that you have....that sense of betrayal that you have....and convert it into a well-thought-out letter? How 'bout going out into your garage and taking pictures of all the "Camaroabilia" that you have hanging on the walls? How 'bout taking pictures of all the "Camaroabilia" that you have on the walls of your rec room? (don't have "Camaroabilia?...then take a picture of your family standing around your 'pride and joy' Camaro....and include a letter of what your Camaro means to you.

Go read Rob's letter on this site.....now THAT'S a letter.

http://web.camaross.com/forums/showthread....threadid=250788

You want to be heard? GET MOVING!

Send 'em to:

General Motors Global Headquarters
100 Renaissance Center
Detroit, MI 48265
Mail Code 482-A23-B21
Attention: Camaro Brand

I cannot respond to your letters, nor can I return them to you. (I do have a job that needs to get done.....)

I MAY live to regret this post....but I feel it's worth it.

How 'bout you?

·
Registered
776 Posts
Ummm, maybe I'm in the minority here, but I'm from the Firebird persuasion of the F-body. I don't really have any Camaro memories, but I loved my 'Birds. Does anybody care about that?

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
If only all of the Camaro fans had converted their friends and boosted the sales of the F-body, we might still have them... <_<

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
I have a Firebird. It is fun daily driver. Is it perfect? No but it is fun and I look forward to driving it everyday. What would GM suggest I replace my 99 Firebird with GM Canada's current lineup? The cheapest RWD car in Canada is the CTS which is nice but is not a two door performance coupe.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Scott said Firebird enthusiasts are welcome to respond too. Remember, Scott was with the Camaro brand team, not Firebird.

IIRC, most of the Firebird brand team was moved over to GTO.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by bigals87z28@Apr 17 2004, 11:34 AM
Scott was the Fbody Manager.
Actually he was not. He was with the Corvette/Camaro Brand team. His Firebird peer was Bob Kraut, who is now with the GTO team.

He considers Camaros his kids and Firebirds his nieces and newphews.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts