GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Cars.com
April 28, 2021

Chevy's Confidence Incentive Program essentially refunds buyers the difference between current and future rebates if the car you want isn't in stock. That's an offer you probably won't find from brands like Toyota and Nissan.

That said, there are some important limitations. First, the offer isn't available when leasing or using promotional financing through GM Financial. As a result, it may primarily appeal to buyers planning to pay with cash or outside financing.

Next, the program excludes the C8 Corvette and medium-duty trucks like the Silverado 3500HD. Finally, the offer is only available assuming a) the car you ordered isn't in stock and b) incentives are lower by the time it arrives.

·
Premium Member
8,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
While it may be true that future incentives might be higher due to increased production and inventory, ordering a Chevy this way at least gives you the peace of mind that you have protection from future incentives that may go lower.

Not a bad way to purchase a new vehicle. You get exactly what you want, in the color you want, with the options you desire, and Chevy gives you incentive protection to boot. In addition, you should get a better discount from your dealer as they will have no inventory carry fees. The only downside is the wait - but if you can plan your next purchase...

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
12,099 Posts
Just do like me I guess. Have you're preferred dealer bring it in from another dealer. Mine came from Elko Nev. There were several to pick from and I got the one I thought suited me best at a decent price as well.

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
Just do like me I guess. Have you're preferred dealer bring it in from another dealer. Mine came from Elko Nev. There were several to pick from and I got the one I thought suited me best at a decent price as well.
My local dealership tried to get me a 2020 LT Trail Boss with a 6.2L from Denver that had almost everything I wanted last year (they had 6 total in stock). The Denver dealership said, "no" because there wasn't anything as desirable my dealership could give them in exchange. I had to go to Denver or order mine.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
While it may be true that future incentives might be higher due to increased production and inventory, ordering a Chevy this way at least gives you the peace of mind that you have protection from future incentives that may go lower.

Not a bad way to purchase a new vehicle. You get exactly what you want, in the color you want, with the options you desire, and Chevy gives you incentive protection to boot. In addition, you should get a better discount from your dealer as they will have no inventory carry fees. The only downside is the wait - but if you can plan your next purchase...

But I WANT IT NOW!!!!!

·
Registered
12,099 Posts
My local dealership tried to get me a 2020 LT Trail Boss with a 6.2L from Denver that had almost everything I wanted last year (they had 6 total in stock). The Denver dealership said, "no" because there wasn't anything as desirable my dealership could give them in exchange. I had to go to Denver or order mine.
I guess maybe when they're trying to unload last years model it's easier to get something without the bugaboos.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
One of the things that stuck out when I moved to "Ford" was it's "Rain Checkable Incentives" Meaning, the Deal we make at Order Time, will still be there when Delivery rolls along. Or, if the "Deal" should be better at "Delivery Time" the Customer can choose which Deal to go with.

Sometimes 0% rolls out after the Order Date, sometimes 0% goes away and a Meatier Deliver Allowance happens. It all works in favor of the Customer.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
One of the things that stuck out when I moved to "Ford" was it's "Rain Checkable Incentives" Meaning, the Deal we make at Order Time, will still be there when Delivery rolls along. Or, if the "Deal" should be better at "Delivery Time" the Customer can choose which Deal to go with.

Sometimes 0% rolls out after the Order Date, sometimes 0% goes away and a Meatier Deliver Allowance happens. It all works in favor of the Customer.
GM dont care about no customer

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
To answer the OP...what now if they don't have what I want in stock? Chill the eff out with what I have, don't know why everyone is in the rush to buy a new car right now with supply so damn low in the first place, you end up long term committed to an overpriced compromise based on what they had in inventory vs what you wanted.

·
Registered
12,099 Posts
To answer the OP...what now if they don't have what I want in stock? Chill the eff out with what I have, don't know why everyone is in the rush to buy a new car right now with supply so damn low in the first place, you end up long term committed to an overpriced compromise based on what they had in inventory vs what you wanted.
Yup. Which leads to the next thing. I'm glad I bought when I did the way things are turning out. :) 🙂🙂:)

·
Registered
6,599 Posts
Somebody I work with got into an accident and their 2020 F-150 got totaled. There isn't jack to choose from to. Also, major hail storms have been coming through the area recently and bashing cars pretty bad. Some are being written off as a total loss. People still need cars.

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
Somebody I work with got into an accident and their 2020 F-150 got totaled. There isn't jack to choose from to. Also, major hail storms have been coming through the area recently and bashing cars pretty bad. Some are being written off as a total loss. People still need cars.
Oh...no doubt people still need cars and there are scenarios like you mentioned where someone would definitely need a new car. I'm speaking more to the type that are upgrading cars just for the eff of it. I mean it's your money and you can do what you want but just be prepared to get a crap deal that'll look even worse once this supply shortage sorts itself out.

·
Registered
6,599 Posts
Oh...no doubt people still need cars and there are scenarios like you mentioned where someone would definitely need a new car. I'm speaking more to the type that are upgrading cars just for the eff of it. I mean it's your money and you can do what you want but just be prepared to get a crap deal that'll look even worse once this supply shortage sorts itself out.
That's the situation I'm in now. I have 80k miles on my truck and I want to trade in. I'm pretty much SOL and am just going to have to wait longer.

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
That's the situation I'm in now. I have 80k miles on my truck and I want to trade in. I'm pretty much SOL and am just going to have to wait longer.
My advice, just hold off...it's tempting as all hell with the stupid high resale values on full size pickups, but all you're really doing is cashing in more, to spend more on the purchase. Let inventory build up and the deals will return w/ inventory.

Re upgrading...I actually want to move on from the Buick to a full sizer but I don't have to, that and what I want just isn't out yet, I'm pretty set on getting a Wagoneer. Being said, I'll probably just end up waiting a couple more years before I move on. By 2025 I fully expect to have a Wagoneer and a Model 3.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Here is what it is like in Canada. Our Sister GM store has 1 Silverado in stock. We have 6 F150's, no Super Duties, and they sell before they hit the lot.

Canadian Auctions. 2020 F250 King Ranch Diesel, Clean with 25000 kms. $97,000! MSRP in 2020 was $95,456CDN. A 2021 F150 with 500kms made it's way through the Auction. Sold $67,000CDN MSRP $64,345 CDN

Figure those numbers out in your head. Before you complain about "No Supply". And any excess in trucks will go to the USA, because the Manufactures, make more profit selling them there. (US Exchange)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts