GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Many of us don't like the XTS as a flagship. But perhaps a better flagship would be a Convertible version, which could show off that fabulous Platinum Interior....

;)

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
I love your attention to detail, you even changed the name plate.

your work is always amazing.

·
Registered
11,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great work !..but in reality the Epi II platform would fold up like wet cardboard without the roof structure.
No more than Camaro's Zeta should fold up as a convertible, or a Pontiac G6 should fold up. They are all monocoque structures, just like every BMW and Benz convertible.

;)

·
Registered
11,215 Posts
:clap::hyper::clap::hyper::clap::hyper::clap:

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
:clap::hyper::clap::hyper::clap::hyper::clap:
Uh oh, this convertible got Uzzy a little more than excited.
I bet he almost fell out of his chair when he saw it. :D

!!!

·
Registered
11,215 Posts
Uh oh, this convertible got Uzzy a little more than excited.
I bet he almost fell out of his chair when he saw it. :D

!!!
If you look at the main XTS thread, He posted the two-tone coupe, which I loved and as I was typing a response to it and asking for him to do a drop-top, he was posting one!

(And I snapped the pic he used to make them. ;) )

Normally I'm not a convertible fan. I think they're for girls...unless they're big full-size cars with the roof taken off. :yup:

·
Registered
11,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you look at the main XTS thread, He posted the two-tone coupe, which I loved and as I was typing a response to it and asking for him to do a drop-top, he was posting one!

Normally I'm not a convertible fan. I think they're for girls...unless they're big full-size cars with the roof taken off. :yup:
Thanks, it is a great pic of the XTS. And people at the highest level in GM have seen the product of your camera snappery.... :D

;)

·
Registered
11,215 Posts
Thanks, it is a great pic of the XTS. And people at the highest level in GM have seen the product of your camera snappery.... :D

;)
If I take a pic of my resume can you send that too? :D

I meant to take more pics just so that you could manipulate them in the way you do so well, but I started taking the vid, then the guy was talking so I stayed with it for like 10 mins. After that I went and played with the SRX and didn't get any more angles of the XTS. Sorry :(

·
Registered
5,411 Posts

Someone had requested an Eldorado(2dr model) of the XTS.
So knowing that the Eldo has sometimes been the only droptop in Cadillac's line up sometimes, I asked for the convertible. Being kinda funny & kidding a bit about it & I checked back to the thread(as I usually follow up on posts of mine to see if I had gotten any responses) & there it was. :)
You're welcome & nice original pic! :)

!!!!

·
Registered
11,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So knowing that the Eldo has sometimes been the only droptop in Cadillac's line up sometimes, I asked for the convertible. Being kinda funny & kidding a bit about it & I checked back to the thread(as I usually follow up on posts of mine to see if I had gotten any responses) & there it was. :)

!!!!
Yes I did the convertible because of your request..... :p:

Interestingly, if they called it Eldorado it could legitimately be offered as a plain FWD. :yup:

;)

·
Registered
11,215 Posts

!!!!
So you're saying MonaroSS didn't read my mind before I even thought of it? :unsure:

Eldorado is a great name for it as well. :yup:

·
Registered
320 Posts
Many of us don't like the XTS as a flagship. But perhaps a better flagship would be a Convertible version, which could show off that fabulous Platinum Interior....

;)
I'll take a navy blue please.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
So instead of a FWD sedan as a flagship you'd rather have a FWD convertible. A fashion car whos sales drop after two years? i dont get it.

·
Registered
11,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So instead of a FWD sedan as a flagship you'd rather have a FWD convertible. A fashion car whos sales drop after two years? i dont get it.
Well the Eldorado has a long history of being FWD and it never sold in the numbers of the sedan.

But who says the flagship has to sell in large numbers? Isn't the opposite the case? A flagship should be rare, a fashion and lifestyle statement and therefore prized by it's admirers.

;)

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
So you're saying MonaroSS didn't read my mind before I even thought of it? :unsure:

Eldorado is a great name for it as well. :yup:
That is correct.
MonaroSS is a good chap, a great photochopper, esp. of automobiles.
But he isn't psychic to my knowledge.

Sorry to pop your bubble, bud.

!!!!!

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Well the Eldorado has a long history of being FWD and it never sold in the numbers of the sedan.

But who says the flagship has to sell in large numbers? Isn't the opposite the case? A flagship should be rare, a fashion and lifestyle statement and therefore prized by it's admirers.

;)
touche. : )

1 - 17 of 17 Posts