GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Whoh. Uhh, it freakin kills me to say this. I like all three. The Colorado, the mildest of the bunch, looks good. The Mali', though somewhat ricey is pretty cool. And if I were EVER going to like the Aveo, this would be it, of course I could never fit in that thing anyway. Crap, maybe the Aveo will be a good move to capture some rice-babies and turn them on to being corn-fed! :D

·
Registered
236 Posts
I dont' like the cars. The Malibu has a horrible color and the wing is killing me. As for the Aveo, well, I just don't like any of them. However, the Colorodo is quite nice and I know a lot of people that would agree.

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Thumbs up from me!

However, there was a really nice looking Malibu concept out a couple of years back (looked nothing like the regular Malibu), and that never made it to production.

The Aveo is a good strike towards the heart of the "Scion" target market. I hope Chevy makes these, if just to capture that part of the sport compact enthusiast market that never even gives Chevy a second glance. It doesn't matter if Camaro enthusiasts like it or not. :)

The Colorado Xtreme is going to happen, of course.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Originally posted by sceltor@Oct 28 2003, 01:53 PM
I dont' like the cars. The Malibu has a horrible color and the wing is killing me. As for the Aveo, well, I just don't like any of them. However, the Colorodo is quite nice and I know a lot of people that would agree.
I couldn't have said it better myself......

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Originally posted by ben347@Oct 28 2003, 03:10 PM
I never thought the Aveo could ever look sporty!!! Not exactly my kinda ride, but Gen Y would love it!
They run the Aveo (Kalos) in Rallys elsewhere in the world. It would be cool to see Chevy run a little 4-banger like this in the U.S. rally circuit. B) (Well, at least I think there is some kind of US rally program.... :zippy: )

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Chevy really should sell all of these concepts. The kits shouldn't be expensive and with tighter suspensions etc. will appeal to younger buyers. The car mags would love them too as the concepts fit their M.O. The Malibu's color is a mistake.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
wasnt excited about the new malibu styling, until i saw this pic. i know its been said several times already..but yeah, the wing has to go..and it needs a better color. burnt orange? maybe white diamonds cadi color?

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
The Malibu looks like an EVO with the wing. The Aveo looks like a rally contender to go up against the Focus and Neon. The Colorado, well, it's tastefull. Why can't they ditch to Xtreme and throw the SS on them?

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Originally posted by demonspeed@Oct 29 2003, 12:37 PM
The Malibu looks like an EVO with the wing.  The Aveo looks like a rally contender to go up against the Focus and Neon.  The Colorado, well, it's tastefull.  Why can't they ditch to Xtreme and throw the SS on them?
Do vehicles really,say "SS"?..Or does the X-treme name do them proper justice??.. I personally think that X-treme is fine 4 this group. I mean they do have,a ricerish look 2 them right :krider: (paint,body work,so on)?.
The "SS" in my opinion would have more of a understated (but U know their not just ordinary factory builds) look of performance 2 those vehicles placed in that group. Say along the lines of the CTS-V,Silverado SS 2WD, the SEMA SS trucks from last year.
Can U dig it? :chef:

I mean wouldn't an Aveo X-treme :D sound better than an Aveo SS :blink: ???

Save the "SS" 4 those vehicles that really derseve it (if their ever made :( ).Stop think and understand that every hopped up car that come out of Chevys stable does not need 2 B a SS or Camaro replacement .Just sit back and chill till the next worthy car comes along. If not then what may happen is we'll get a "PT-Crusier SS" that the suits will have renamed "Camaro" and those of us who give a rats *** about cars will really B *** out :mf_boff: :( .

Oh any news on a Monte Carlo or Impala SEMA concept??

·
Registered
81 Posts
I personally wouldn't go out of my way to buy anyone of these cars since I love the rear wheel drive V8's. But if Chevy can dip into some of the ricer market with these cars and gain market share from Toyota and Honda then I'm all for it.

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Originally posted by smiley@Oct 29 2003, 05:40 PM
I personally wouldn't go out of my way to buy anyone of these cars since I love the rear wheel drive V8's.  But if Chevy can dip into some of the ricer market with these cars and gain market share from Toyota and Honda then I'm all for it.
Exactly.

Chevy hardly expects a Silverado-driving 35 year old Texan with a "3" sticker on his window to be interested in an Aveo Xtreme.

Or a guy like me with a Bonneville SSEi.

I hate seeing GM, the worlds biggest automaker, out of such a huge market. (sport compact) ---- or worse yet, trying to play the game effectively with 20 year old J-body cars.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Originally posted by sceltor@Oct 28 2003, 05:53 PM
I'm with him. I think the Malibu and the Aveo are ugly. On the malibu, obviously the color, but the side skirts make the body too tall and the greenhouse too short. On the Aveo, well, lets just say there is NOTHING you could do to make it look even O.K. I dont see why they dont take all the money spent on these concepts and put it into their new sport compact: The Cobalt, you know make something really noteworthy. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Originally posted by Ming+Oct 29 2003, 06:49 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Ming @ Oct 29 2003, 06:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-smiley@Oct 29 2003, 05:40 PM
I personally wouldn't go out of my way to buy anyone of these cars since I love the rear wheel drive V8's.  But if Chevy can dip into some of the ricer market with these cars and gain market share from Toyota and Honda then I'm all for it.
Exactly.

Chevy hardly expects a Silverado-driving 35 year old Texan with a "3" sticker on his window to be interested in an Aveo Xtreme.

Or a guy like me with a Bonneville SSEi.

I hate seeing GM, the worlds biggest automaker, out of such a huge market. (sport compact) ---- or worse yet, trying to play the game effectively with 20 year old J-body cars. [/b][/quote]
yes what they said.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts