GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a link to what appears to be an XLR-V testing at the Nuerbuirgring in Germany.

Click Here

Also on one of the pictures you can see a Trailblazer in the background, could that be an SS?

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
Not much change, if it is a V.. With no mesh-grille, it makes me think that it is just testing something, not a V

As for the TB, It might be an SS!

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
I don't think that GM would be testing the XLR-V fully exposed. The Hood and MUCH lowered suspension are obvious changes.

Here is the direct translation via AltaVista:
Degrees ne Mail by Joerg of ACP gotten, there at its computer which not so correctly functioned poste I that times here. "Hallo Teymur, enclosed pictures of the C6. They were not allowed to look at us today at the Nuerburgring also clean-set + for technology to examine + test run on the ring (test run to have we not made for time reasons) GM had us to it invited it are still 3x C6 + 1x blazer + 1x Cadi XLR with EVOQ compressor engine + 3 Cadis CTS once with LS6 engine and + 1x LS6 engine with compressor + 1x the new STS with Northstar compressor that were however still camouflaged from the Cadis were allowed I pictures to make which I also understand could it are still prototypes the GM people are however nicely been them us to the vehicles rank-let to have oh and a Z06 Corvette is also there as it looked the Corvetten for brake tests uses everything has one us also not said understandably with a Cadi (LS6 engine with dry sump) new tires tested otherwise to have those already 2 engines and a transmission that must only times are small gotten thus enough otherwise am I morning still to write from which I everything did not see you know a trained eye escapes anything (Grins) oh still which if someone the vehicles on the ring to see wants GM is still until Friday there and, Mfg Joerg" tests;
SO!:

CTS-V: Kompressed (Supercharged) LS6
STS-V: Kompressed (Supercharged) Northstar
XLR-V: Kompressed (Supercharged EVOQ? I am thinking he means Northstar as well!
Blazer: Probably a Trailblazer SS

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
GM is diffenetly testing several proformance vehicles in Germany!! I wonder what else we may see in Germany???

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
XLR-V: Kompressed (Turbocharged) EVOQ? I am thinking he means Northstar as well!
What I think he means is that is the same engine used on the Evoq concept. That engine was the 4.2 Northstar supercharged that pumped out 405 hp & 385 lbs torque. As we all know, the Evoq was the concept that was the basis for the XLR.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I don't know if that's a TB SS.
Right front fender looks like a TB.
From there back it looks like the sheetmetal for the 9-7X.
They could be tuning the suspension. That would be welcomed for the SAAB.
Maybe a 9-7X means a TB SS happens sooner.
But what do I know.
I do hope its a TB SS though. That'd be fun to have around.

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Originally posted by Butta@May 12 2004, 05:44 PM
XLR-V: Kompressed (Turbocharged) EVOQ? I am thinking he means Northstar as well!
What I think he means is that is the same engine used on the Evoq concept. That engine was the 4.2 Northstar supercharged that pumped out 405 hp & 385 lbs torque. As we all know, the Evoq was the concept that was the basis for the XLR.

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/large/1162-1.jpg
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/large/1162-5.jpg
Understood, and point taken. However the 4.2L Northstar will definitely not be going in the Northstar, why would they when the have the more powerful 4.6L.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Originally posted by nsap@May 12 2004, 10:04 PM
Not much change, if it is a V.. With no mesh-grille, it makes me think that it is just testing something, not a V

They might be testing the XLR-V but keeping it a mule... with the exception of the hood. Since the XLR is already out there is no real reason to do testing unless there were some new toys under the skin.

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
Originally posted by Ballistic+May 12 2004, 05:24 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Ballistic @ May 12 2004, 05:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-nsap@May 12 2004, 10:04 PM
Not much change, if it is a V..  With no mesh-grille, it makes me think that it is just testing something, not a V

They might be testing the XLR-V but keeping it a mule... with the exception of the hood. Since the XLR is already out there is no real reason to do testing unless there were some new toys under the skin. [/b][/quote]
Yeah, this is probably early testing of the V engine, and eventually (later on) we will see shots of a XLR V with all the modifications...

·
Registered
316 Posts
does anyone else think the evoq looks a lot better than the XLR? the lines and the V shape of the front grille/bumper just look a lot better i think. it looks more modern and crisp. anyway, sorry...off topic....

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
Originally posted by 3eb@May 12 2004, 05:33 PM
does anyone else think the evoq looks a lot better than the XLR? the lines and the V shape of the front grille/bumper just look a lot better i think. it looks more modern and crisp. anyway, sorry...off topic....
I see a lot of Sixteen in the Evoq... ;)

·
Registered
790 Posts
Originally posted by 3eb@May 12 2004, 11:33 PM
i actually perfer the XLR. the evoq looked very goofy to me.

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
Originally posted by nsap@May 12 2004, 10:04 PM
I hope they DON'T do a wire mesh grill.

I don't know who decided that was the thing to put on the CTS-V, but it's totally out of character. It looks like it's trying to look British. Wire mesh grills belong to the Brits. They're totally retro, and dead wrong with Cadillac's stealth bomber styling.

Do the existing slat grill in a new finish. Do it with a couplem ore slats. Add something in between the slats.

But DON'T give it a wire mesh grill.

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
Originally posted by AMcA+May 12 2004, 07:45 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (AMcA @ May 12 2004, 07:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-nsap@May 12 2004, 10:04 PM
Not much change, if it is a V..  With no mesh-grille, it makes me think that it is just testing something, not a V
I hope they DON'T do a wire mesh grill.

I don't know who decided that was the thing to put on the CTS-V, but it's totally out of character. It looks like it's trying to look British. Wire mesh grills belong to the Brits. They're totally retro, and dead wrong with Cadillac's stealth bomber styling.

Do the existing slat grill in a new finish. Do it with a couplem ore slats. Add something in between the slats.

But DON'T give it a wire mesh grill. [/b][/quote]
I think it is already expected that the mesh grille will be seen on ALL V-Series models, since it has become a trademark in Caddy V-Series

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
Originally posted by Butta@May 12 2004, 10:44 PM

Ya know, the Evoq has a great idea for the XLR-V lurking right there on the hood - those neat vents could be adapted to the higher output engine's hood . . . .

·
Registered
114 Posts
first off i like the idea of a XLR-V but i think they should put in a V10 or produce a V12 and make it share the same engine as the Sixteen and have both cars share the same engine 1 to keep the cost down for the Sixteen and make it competitive with the SLR from MB 2 make the XLR more competitive with the SL600 but RIP A$$ with MB and the rest of the big time horse powered exotics so its all good for GM........CADDY BUILD IT

1 - 20 of 49 Posts