GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Originally posted by bigals87z28+Jun 19 2004, 09:50 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigals87z28 @ Jun 19 2004, 09:50 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 19 2004, 03:20 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-bigals87z28
@Jun 19 2004, 06:51 AM
Where is Ming when you need him!  Look, this one is getting a V8!  No, not pushrods, but a V8 none the less! 
Guess they were getting scared about the Saab 9-7x!?!?!  Betcha there 4.4 doesnt have DoD either! 
Score 1 for GM.

The XC90 is the best-selling Euro' SUV in North America and Volvo has the best selling line of SUVs (MB and BMW SUV sales were way down last I looked). It's the competition that should be scared.

The 9-7x has enough bad karma around it to cause cancer :frankie:

Anyone who thinks a GM pushrod v8 is superior to a Yamaha DOHC v8 knows nothing...
oh, so because its OHC, its so far advaced!! oooooo

how the 9-7x has bad Karma is beyond me.

Anyone who thinks the OHC is superior to OHV has another thing coming. What makes it superior?
Size?
More expensive to produce, maintain, and fix?
that its made by Yamaha?
That it will probably run on high octane?
yeah...superior alright. :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
Sorry, but I have to agree with stewacide, the XC90 is a better SUV than the 9-7X...

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
I think we need to clear the air here a little bit...

The 9-7X is a rebadge, but that doesn't mean it's a bad SUV, nor very good one at that fact. The premium leather is probably the same "premium" leather as in the Rainier, and that's not at all a bad thing. The lowered stance and better suspension tuning should make the 9-7X be able to compete with its competition pretty well. Do I think it will be able to compete in this segment? Yes. Do I think it will win comparisons? Probably not. Do I think it's better than the other 360s? Yes. Do I think people will notice it looks like the other 360s? 75% sure. Do I think it will sell? Yes. Sell as much as its competition? Well, probably not. Is it a bad SUV and should have never came out? Definitely not.

Not to mention it looks 1000x better.
While that is definitely a biased view (this is a GM forum after all), looks are subjective and each person has their own views. But I do agree with you though! The SRX looks better than the XC90!

Guess they were getting scared about the Saab 9-7x!?!?!
The V8 XC90 has been known for awhile before the 9-7X engine choices were announced. Most people thought the 9-7X would not have the V8 but instead the regular I6 and a turbocharged version.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.