GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
lol, you are pretty funny Stew. You could get away with bashing the 9-7x, but when you starting saying silly things like the Navagator being FAR superior to the Escalade you really loose some credibility. First of all, in what respects is it superior? Powertrain? lol I hope you dont think so. I remember reading an article, I think it was motortrend that said that the Escalade despite having live axle handles better than the Navagator with the IRS. So it isnt handling. Quality? I think GM has quality over ford all day long. The only thing I can think of that the navagator has an advantage in is the look of the interior. That will be fixed soon enough. Oh, and the Navigator costs more too.

As for the 97x, I really think you should wait till you drive one or there is at least an article about it before you start passing judgements.

Anyway, GM has the Caddy SRX to compete with the volvo. and the SRX comes with a quality V8 right out of the box. Not to mention it looks 1000x better.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Its clear you dont know much about engines, because you are apparently an automotive elitiest who condemns GM engines because they are pushrod while touting DOHC as the end all of engine dom. And here I though I only had to argue with people like you at Autoweeks forums. Although there it usually takes place concerning the Corvettes engine. Have you driven an Escalade? It seems to me the problem here is that you are basing your opinions on what you think they should be by mechanical specs, rather than what they are.

Like saying the Navy is better because of IRS, when several mags have said that the escalade handes and rides better, and saying the engine MUST be smoother because its and DOHC. I have driven both, the Navy rides like a boat. The escalade has a much tighter ride. As far as them being luxury segments, I think people would take the MUCH more powerful engine, especially since even though it might not be smoother, the difference is barely detectable.

I think your just bitter because the Escalade sells so much better since this design came out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.