GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from Circuit City after having a new CD deck put in my Trailblazer. Before they started they said "when we hook this up you wont have lock etc. chime anymore and your oil life monitor wont work either." I was like that stuff is in my radio? Man they couldnt put just two more functions in the BCM??!! The guy said when they started coming out with these newer Delphi radios some cars even had the air bags hooked up to them. So stupid. Now the passenger rear window wont roll up from my driver control, I'll have to take it back because the install probably caused it. They had to do some wiring in one of my fuse boxes :blink: .

·
Registered
708 Posts
That reminds me about how you can swap in a new DIC
in a Grand Prix and have your odometer go back to 0. :)

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
Back when I had my Y2K monte carlo, people that put in aftermarket radios were mounting the stock radios in the trunk.

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
I hope GM doesn't sabotage the "tuner" potential of the Cobalt with such a foolish radio set up.

·
Registered
954 Posts
This isn't just GM, almost every other new stereo I've seen is setup the same way. Every vehicle with onstar uses the stereo for speaker output.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Rex Raider@Jun 17 2004, 04:59 PM
Back when I had my Y2K monte carlo, people that put in aftermarket radios were mounting the stock radios in the trunk.
They asked me if I wanted them to mount it in the back, but I didnt really want a radio sitting on my cargo floor.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
yeah.. thats only reason i didnt swap my radio out along time ago. but there is a way to reset oil monitor using brake and headlight switch. and there are products to keep chimes functional, but thats too much dayum trouble.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts