·
Registered
16,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WTF? GMC HUMMER EV will rock with electric guitar sounds
https://www.foxnews.com/auto/wtf-gmc-hummer-ev-electric-guitar-sounds
January 13, 2021
By Gary Gastelu

GMC revealed during a CES presentation that is working with Bose to create a soundtrack for its upcoming HUMMER EV, which offers a Watts to Freedom, or WTF, mode that unlocks its full 1,000 horsepower and the ability to accelerate to 60 mph in a supercar-quick three seconds.

HUMMER EV lead development engineer Aaron Pfau said the Bose Electric Vehicle Sound Enhancement technology mixes guitar riffs, high-frequency feedback and sounds inspired by the Formula E electric racing series to create an "immersive sensory experience" when you slam on the gas...uh, accelerator pedal.

More at link

·
Registered
16,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This should be interesting to hear.... I can't imagine where they are going with this. I'm thinking movies, sounds of engine plus music to build the excitement...

·
Registered
16,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GMC Hummer may be the coolest vehicle ever!

:)
I'd definitely have a hard time if given the choice to have a sports car or this Hummer.... The Hummer has crazy 0-60 (I don't care about top end) and can do so much more, and is really cool....

·
Registered
16,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just imagine what the Escalade version is going to be
It is pretty cool - between what we've seen on the Hummer and the Lyriq it looks like GM is going places that they haven't been in since their heyday! Meaning lots of cool tech, gee whiz wow stuff. I can't imagine what else they have planned for the Celestique.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
WTF.... days of thunder racing sound track. I remember listening to it on my sons surround sound in his bedroom. Years ago. Sounded like his room was going in circles at the track. So cool.

Reactions: BlackGTP

·
Registered
2017 Cadillac XT5
2,189 Posts
I'd definitely have a hard time if given the choice to have a sports car or this Hummer.... The Hummer has crazy 0-60 (I don't care about top end) and can do so much more, and is really cool....
I'm with ya

Sports car or Hummer is a legit conundrum lol.

·
Registered
7,041 Posts
Bose? How long until people here start complaining that Bose just isn't delivering crisp highs on the recorded guitar sounds?

Sounds kind of gimmicky, but the whole "super truck" thing could be called that. So why not, bring it on!

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
GM seems to be doing a good job with all the hype and promotion of the HUV. Let's just hope that it delivers and meets everybody's expectations of a $120k super truck.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
GM seems to be doing a good job with all the hype and promotion of the HUV. Let's just hope that it delivers and meets everybody's expectations of a $120k super truck.
Is there a more affordable truck available with 1000HP that's nearing production? I think GM has this one covered.

·
Registered
16,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was thinking about this the other day, GM seems to be good at marketing to Wall Street. Based on the stock price increases I'd say GM is getting their attention, though nowhere near Tesla level. My concern is when all this product starts to hit the streets and turns from marketing to Wall St to marketing to the consumer. That's where they seem to have a problem.....

·
Registered
16,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm with ya

Sports car or Hummer is a legit conundrum lol.
Its certainly not going to be setting record runs at Laguna Seca,
Ha! The Hummer definetly won't have sports car handling. I'm speaking more of my style of driving of enjoying handling but 0-60 plays a more important role. I don't go to tracks to play with my cars, so I'm out on public roads and think it is dangerous to be cornering at max g's on New England back roads. The reality of my driving is the one place I do "max it out" is with flooring it, and the Hummer will nicely fit that bill (theoretical conversation, I don't see myself buying a $112k vehicle unless i win the lottery).

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
I was thinking about this the other day, GM seems to be good at marketing to Wall Street. Based on the stock price increases I'd say GM is getting their attention, though nowhere near Tesla level. My concern is when all this product starts to hit the streets and turns from marketing to Wall St to marketing to the consumer. That's where they seem to have a problem.....
Stock indices are up. Capital is flowing into equities because smart money knows that sovereign debt is risky. People are getting money out of their banks in Europe because depositors bail out the failing banks (like Deutsch Bank). Better to overpay on GM or Ford or Amazon than lose it all. Electric cars are sexy and GM is using that to its advantage.

·
Registered
16,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Stock indices are up. Capital is flowing into equities because smart money knows that sovereign debt is risky. People are getting money out of their banks in Europe because depositors bail out the failing banks (like Deutsch Bank). Better to overpay on GM or Ford or Amazon than lose it all. Electric cars are sexy and GM is using that to its advantage.
I hadn't thought about that as one of the driving forces of the stock market increase. Does make sense, all this debt that many governments have taken on (including the USA) will be back breakers for some and put the hurt on many others. I was thinking a lot of the stock was coming from bored "little guys" investing in the market. A little of both I assume.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts