GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine is looking into purchasing a rebuilt titled vehicle. Carfax shows 9 records, we are going to investigate what issues came of it. Car has 19000 miles and its a 2007 Chevrolet.

What would you be weary of or would you avoid it all together?

Thank you :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
He might get lots of new parts or even a new engine out of the deal.

Or he might get a POS with cheap, improperly fitted body panels with warped peeling paint, with improperly installed gaskets and fouled main bearings.

Have a professional auto-man inspect the devil out of it and make sure to get bottom dollar.

·
Registered
547 Posts
What model Chevy?

If you give me the last 8 of the VIN I can check tomorrow on what service work was performed under warranty at the dealer.

·
Registered
11,071 Posts
In the months after Katrina it was common to see transporters loaded with flood cars on the expressway headed outta town.

Reman cars should be avoided like blowfish sushi...

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
My Corolla has a rebuilt title. Back in 2000 it was hit and repaired. I bought the car in the summer of '06 and since I've started driving it about a year and a half ago, I've put over 30K miles on it and the only non-maintenance repairs I've done to the car were a strut and wheel bearing. I think I'd feel comfortable driving a car with a rebuilt title, as long as it was inspected and proven to be repaired right.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.