GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
UPDATE!!!******I just don't want to make the wrong choice. It doesn't have the limited slip or recaro racing seats package I've heard is 'golden' which is "G85".

Found 2 SS' I like that I could potentially afford.

The Blue SS, if I could get it for 13k out the door that'd be ideal, 14k is more realistic. I went on autotrader and found a RED SS (my favorite color) with 41,000 miles and the guy wants 15.9...I offered him 12.5 and NADA says its worth 13,700. That'd be worth it if I could get it for 14000.................

but. Do I give 14,000 to a private seller for the 'ideal color combo w/o G85' whose car has 41,000 miles or do I give the dealer certified used 14,000 for the car that has 22,000 miles but is the 'wrong' color?

OR..........do I say screw it and keep looking for a Recaro/LSD equipped SS which may or may not happen?

CobaltSS

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
I think I did. I love how black looks. It looks great on most cars. However, I should have bought silver. There was another Maxima available at the same dealer at the same cost with a couple thousand more miles in silver. Scratches would not have shown as much. Only having the choice of a black car might be a deal breaker for me next time.

·
Super Moderator
20,962 Posts
Blurple?
Do you have a picture? I can't remember what that looks like.
Anyways, I wouldn't. Maybe it's just me, maybe it's just a quirk I have, but if the color isn't right, it totally kills the rest of the car. It's not too much of a problem since I like most colors, but "blurple" doesn't sound too appealing to me.
But that's just me.

·
Registered
44,163 Posts
Absolutely... NOT!!!

You're gonna spend a decent amount of money on a car... you better be darn happy with every aspect of it.

·
Registered
9,751 Posts
Absolutely... NOT!!!

You're gonna spend a decent amount of money on a car... you better be darn happy with every aspect of it.
I agree... once the novelty of owning the car wears off in a month or two you'll be kicking yourself for not waiting for what you want.

·
Premium Member
12,557 Posts
I would certainly not buy, especially if I've been anticipating the car for a while. I would want everything to be just right and to my liking.

·
Registered
8,945 Posts
NEVER settle for a color you don't like if you're buying a car that you want to keep/a car that'll be more than a mere means of transportation.

·
Registered
7,267 Posts
Is it that weird Amethyst color that was on the Cobalt and Corvette for one year? I'd do it, but then again I kinda like the color. If its a color you hate, then don't do it.

·
Registered
6,064 Posts
Absolutely... NOT!!!

Amen!

Especially if it is a brand new car. That is just a lot of money to not like EVERY SINGLE ASPECT of it..... Maybe that's another reason I haven't bought new in a while. I can't see shelling out thousands of dollars for something I don't 100% like....

Course, with used cars, you don't have much of a choice...he he.

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Maybe it's best you leave me alone" ... All-American Rejects ... 'It Ends Tonight'

·
Registered
7,316 Posts
I was about to say yes, and that I just did it myself. But that purple/blue color is hideous man. It would have to be a hell of a deal.

·
Registered
6,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
KBB is 16.5

asking 15, could get it for 14, offered 13

I actually saw a laser blue SS on Woodward tonight, it looked good. Kinda metallic and it was solid. Going to show my family member and a few friends it since I do believe this is a deal I should not pass up.

The "Arrest Me Red" is my favorite color but I don't want a car with an additional 60,000 miles and to be honest, as a daily driver its probably better to have a 'less flashy' color...the other color I love is black, which does absolutely NOTHING for the Cobalt SS. Silver is the other color I like, but my bro has that color...bored with it. Orange reminds me of my h.s. and idk if I could drive that year round. Yellow I don't like and this blue, I'll see in daylight and see if I 'truly' like it...then show some family members it again, and then decide.

CobaltSS

As a buddy told me, its a used car, not marrying someone! Plus I plan on keeping the car a few years and trading it in on a Turbo Chevy Delta II SS or a used CTS-V 08+...

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
I settled for my Spiral Gray Silverado because the nearest Victory Red Silverado with comparable options was in Kentucky. Actually, I went in planning to get the cheapest Silverado on the lot, a $12,500 W/T with the 4.3L and a 5-speed, but the "want" side of my brain got the best of me and I drove out several days later in a truck with a $28,300 sticker. It was during the GMS for everyone deal back in August of '05 so I couldn't order an '06.

If I were you I'd wait for a Victory Red G85 car to pop up. It's what you want and there's no real hurry since you have a nice Malibu.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Find the right car, THEN buy. Don't rush! You'll be much happier from the instant you take the keys to months (and years) after. :D

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Absolutely not. I recently passed on a 01' white Corvette with super low miles at a great price b/c I do not like white (sports cars should be bright!). Buy the color you like b/c you will be stuck with the car for a long time and if you don't like the color you will kick yourself every time you see it. And I agree....RED FTW!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts