GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is ford making a 400 and 500 hp mustang (with aid of a supercharger)? i saw something on TLC and speed about that and im worried.... :huh:

·
Registered
25 Posts
The current 2004 Cobra already offers 400 supercharged HP so it's not really a rumor. All they have to do is continue offering that same motor in the new car. If they upped the displacement to the 5.4 liter and increased the boost it could hit 500 hp. Or the new V10 in the Shelby Cobra has 500 naturally aspirated hp.

Either way, it's very doable. Perhaps the Mach 1 will continue with the current 400 hp motor and the Cobra will get the 500 hp.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Originally posted by Paul_2001_GT_Conv@Jan 14 2004, 03:32 PM
The current 2004 Cobra already offers 400 supercharged HP so it's not really a rumor. All they have to do is continue offering that same motor in the new car. If they upped the displacement to the 5.4 liter and increased the boost it could hit 500 hp. Or the new V10 in the Shelby Cobra has 500 naturally aspirated hp.

Either way, it's very doable. Perhaps the Mach 1 will continue with the current 400 hp motor and the Cobra will get the 500 hp.
I always thought that the Mach/Bullet cars were just small nich cars like the cobra and would only last a few years and then a new model would roll in? I heard the next model would be a Boss that was getting a modular 5.0 pushing 350?

Yeah, the 03 cobra's push 430ish out of its crank, but I dont think they are going to run the GT motor just because of the cost. A 500hp motor could happen with a DOHC 4.6 now if they put a better blower like the KB blower and from my understanding, they could run less boost to make the 500 because of the blowers effcientcy(sp?). 70hp out of a better desgind motor isnt hard, its just got to pass emissons and all that. Plus, a 500hp cobra would mean that Ford wants to take a stab at Z06/Viper terriorty, and I think the Cobra will get pimp slapped. Ford should just remaine at 400hp now and not toy with teh big boys. They have the GT now, they dont need a super stang.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Mustang can have 3000000 hp, it's still a dog. that Chasis is too dated. Hopefully the new chasis is better. :type:

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Originally posted by StangXTC@Jan 15 2004, 01:37 AM
Mustang can have 3000000 hp, it's still a dog. that Chasis is too dated. Hopefully the new chasis is better
drive a new cobra.
Like he said, he didnt care if it had 3000000 hp, its still a dog. Yes the new cobra is fast, but the chassis is still a quater centry old, and the blown 4.6 is a jewl in a turd of a car, much like the LS1 in the 4th gen fbodies.

·
Registered
750 Posts
ROFL, I couldnt agree more, aside from the fact that I think th lS is a terd in a terd car, but non the less.

What reason does Ford have to offer the GT if they had a 500HP cobra thats 1/5 the price. I wouldnt count o ford producing more then 390 Hp out of that cobra engine.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Yeah, I say no more then 450hp out of the next cobra. They had huge nhuts to toy with the vette before, and they got pimp slapped like the hoes they are, and they dont want to do it again.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Originally posted by StangXTC@Jan 15 2004, 01:37 AM
Mustang can have 3000000 hp, it's still a dog. that Chasis is too dated. Hopefully the new chasis is better
drive a new cobra.
New Cobra? Nothing new about the Cobra.

·
Banned
7,944 Posts
You would also need to look at where the the rummored 500hp Cobra would be priced....You can make the car faster, but there will be a price point many people will not go past...maybe $50,000...some people will not pay that much for a Mustang, no matter how much HP the car has...

How about a combination of the Mach 1 and "Bullitt" models...Ford can call it the "Mullitt"

ahahahaha...I kill me..... :woot2:

Personally...the Mustang lost a lot in the translation from show car to production car...I think that the base V6 version looks better than the GT model.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Speaking of $50,000....Why would GM price the cts-v at 50,000?(yes i know why but im just saying) buy a vette instead..

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
CTS-V and Vette aren't going after the same client. Well, actually they are. But one is before the divorce, and one is after.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Originally posted by Rex Raider@Jan 16 2004, 02:36 AM
CTS-V and Vette aren't going after the same client. Well, actually they are. But one is before the divorce, and one is after.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by Rex Raider@Jan 16 2004, 02:36 AM
LOL

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
In the new C&D, the GT is going to retain the 4.6, but it will be 300hp. No news about the Cobra yet.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Since Ford showed the Shelby Cobra concept at the Detroit Show that means the Mustang Cobra is gone. I expect to see Shelby Mustangs (just like the old days) in various forms down the road. Bring on the Camaros.

·
Registered
708 Posts
The SVT Cobra will probably return in 2006.
Stock Mustang GT will get a 300-hp 3v 4.6L.
I assume they will bump up the power in the
next variation of the SVT Cobra, no doubt.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts