GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to take a moment to wish everybody a great new year. May you have health and happiness.
I also want to say that I learned much on this thread. Some of it led to the purchase of my 2004 MC. By the way, the excitement has not warn off, it's still a boss looking car.
Remember also to stay sober and sane behind the wheel. No few thrills of the moment is worth injury to yourself and to others.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Jeez, dude. You leaving or something? Thats sounds like a going away post. :D

Anyway, back at ya, man and everyone else. Have a good New Years. And don't DRINK AND DRIVE! Getting caught sucks and getting hurt would be terrible. The trick is to drink so much you pass out!!! :woot2: J/K, sort of, no, really.

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No Dudes, I'm not leaving. Just saying my peace for the New Year.
I did want to say that the threads have been informative. I also should add that sometimes I would tweak the fellows' noses in the GTO forum just to get a rise out of them. Bottomline is that I want to see GM do good.
BTW, it's the people who drive with one ear on the phone that scare me. The second day of driving the Monte Carlo and a 50-ish woman on the cellular starts to veer to the left and into my lane. Upon getting the horn, she turns her head and waves and keeps right on yakking.
Now tell me honestly, how many of these phone calls have any importance associated with them? Did you get the right movie from the video store? Pick up the eggs?
You are SO RIGHT, Mr Pringle, nobody comes close to the Monte.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
What I find amazing is how people can talk on the phone in the car @,then while in the store,in line checking out,while putting stuff bought @ store in the car,and then back in the car all without putting down the phone. Is the conversation that good??Is there that much 2 talk about???...And the asses that dial up as soon as the get ready 2 pull out of a parking spot...WHHHYYY???? :blink: :blink: . Couldn't U wait until ur atleast going in 1 direction?!?!?!?!?...

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Today, while at the video store, I watched (and overheard) a middle aged woman talk to somebody as she was picking movies. She literally read the backs of the covers to somebody. Can she make a decision by herself? What is really disturbing is that she was probably talking to her son or daughter getting approval.
I don't know what to think of guys that do this. I just hope that they had nothing to do with the military (being an ex myself). Phoning home to ask what soda to buy really puts them in a bad light.
I've seen people veer into other lanes and go through red lights because they are too wrapped up in their phone conversation.
Sounding like an old codger, but the world got along fine before these phones. (Altough they are great if one is taking a long trip and worries about breaking down in the middle of nowhere.)

·
Registered
685 Posts
Not a Codger. People are stupid, we all know that. They are all so wrapped up in their insignificant little discussions to realize they don't know what the hell is going on around them. I see them all the time and often wonder what you could possibly do about it. Make vehicles and phones communicate so the phone won't work while in a running vehicle or what? What if the passenger wants to use one? Big fines? I just don't know but something needs to be done.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I will not comment on cell phone user/drivers :rolleyes:
But I do want to wish a Happy New Year to all, and everyone take a taxi!
I'll probably be a looser and spend most of the night at home thinking about my resolution to lose the 25lbs I have gained after I got my new postition at work. Happy New Year GMi!

·
Registered
685 Posts
LGR, I have the same one! :D Lost 15lbs, so far, in a little more than a month. Atkins and working out.

One more thing though, everyone should realize (as I am sure most of us know) a beer or drink(one ounce of hard alc., mixed or straight) an hour is about maximum if you are considering driving at all and if you have more than three or four and haven't given your keys to someone responsible, you better do it before it is too late. I don't want anything to happen to one of our on-line family. And if you lose your license what good is being a car guy?(trust me, it sucks)

I wonder who will have the first post of the year!!!?? I don't plan on being able to type so well!! :woot2:

·
Registered
756 Posts
Happy New Year to all
I work tonight 12 hr shift 7pm till 7am so the rest of you lucky buggers have a drink for me, I'll take the double time + 8 hrs.. :D...thats tomorrow night for the OT..hehe

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Originally posted by 69nova@Dec 31 2003, 03:09 PM
Today, while at the video store, I watched (and overheard) a middle aged woman talk to somebody as she was picking movies. She literally read the backs of the covers to somebody. Can she make a decision by herself? What is really disturbing is that she was probably talking to her son or daughter getting approval.
That was her husband at home on the sofa with his feet propped up, eating a bag of cheetos.

"Yeah that sounds fine, honey, can you get some beer too on the way home?"

;)

·
Registered
922 Posts
Yah Happy NEW YEAR GMi!!! Having a little get together at my place, and was called a nerd when I said I need to post... Thats was untill one of my female friends seen the pic of Josh in the post your pic thread and said whos he?:wub:
AAWWW man!!! :drunk:

·
Registered
922 Posts
Yah right... Ooops! Being nude is a great thing... I was born in the wrong state brrr!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts