GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I was wondering if you could give some suggestions for what is causing the problems on my dads 93 GMC sierra. there are two problems with the windshield wiper system

1. the Low speed setting on the windshield wipers does not work at all but the higher speed settings run like they are supposed to

2. the jets that spray the windshield washer fluid do not work

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. The truck still runs and heres a picture of the truck in question the day after the steering column was fixed a few months back

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Sounds like the circuit board, as Sonoma noted. When mine quite, the wipers worked fine as long as it wasn't raining.

A new or reman, wiper motor should fix you right up.

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its the wiper control module. Mine did the same thing. You wont get any spray and the wipers act erratically. You can try re soldering the board or you can check on Ebay for a new one. I found an aftermarket on Ebay for $10.

If you want to solder it, here is a link with instructions:
http://www.ipconsulting.org/bravada_wiper/wiper.html

Thanks for all your help guys the truck has over 100,000 miles and it still runs.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
sounds like you either have a problem with the multifunction switch, or you have 2 issues, 1 being a control board for the wipers, and 2, the washer pump is not working,
take a test light see if the washer pump is getting power and ground.

·
Registered
6 Posts
sounds like you either have a problem with the multifunction switch, or you have 2 issues, 1 being a control board for the wipers, and 2, the washer pump is not working,
take a test light see if the washer pump is getting power and ground.
The washer pump will not work if the control module is buggered. I went to a wrecker and replaced my washer pump and it still did not work. Then I bought a new module off of Ebay and voila my washer fluid squirted again.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
thats what i mean, if you have no operation from the pump, then it could be related to a board or the switch, if a test light doesnt light across power and ground of the circuit.
more than likely, probably a board issue as majority of the older trucks had that problem

1 - 9 of 9 Posts