GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
I dont know bout this.. but either Johnson or Edwards is going to win the Sprint Cup this year.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Hopefully, this is Toyota's peak and not just the beginning....
Its only the beginning.. Toyota has tons of money to throw into research and technology in the sport.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
manufacturer champ is nothing. never means anything. i dont think people base life or death on oh well we won the manufacturer championship this year.

no one cares about the nationwide manuf. champ. if they win it, whooopidy doo.
they didnt win the season,

frankly i dont see how they can be leading the cup series. 10th,11th,12th in points. yeah they have 9 wins total.

ive never understood how the manufacturer points work. i think its a pointless thing to judge something on. like i said, 3 toyotas in the chase, and all of them are 10th through 12th. really impressive... not.

fact of the matter is, toyota will buy themselves a title, doesnt matter what it is, as long as they win something. knowing nascar, they will probably make up some award for something stupid and crown toyota for it.

i said it before and i will say it again, they destroy every series they get involved in. they buy crews, and drivers, and buy there way into victory lane. it was a bad idea for them to get involved in nascar. should have never been allowed.

if i was GM ford and dodge, i would have pulled out. it would have been funny to see the response nascar would have gotten if they did. boycott the series until toyota is out. nascar is a dying series, which has been on a down hill spiral for years, and it continues to be a circus week in and week out. and it only gets worse, every week something is either added or changed in the rules. or people buy there way to wins, or out of situations.

its total BS. just my opnion.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I pay attention to the manufacturer's championship, though not as much as I do about driver points. Chevy's won the title 5 years straight, 31 times overall. The points are calculated pretty simply, the manufacturer who finishes first gets 9 points, the next highest finishing manufacturer gets 6, the next man. gets 4, then 3 points for being the last manufacturer to place a car.

Total after Kansas:
Toyota-176
Ford-171
Chevrolet-168
Dodge-123

Chevy's been catching up! Hopefully they pull it off!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts