GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks can anyone help me with the information about the Bluetooth feature being introduced to the "late" 2009 G8 Models - for the current owners will there be an option to have an upgrade (free or paid don't matter)

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Folks can anyone help me with the information about the Bluetooth feature being introduced to the "late" 2009 G8 Models - for the current owners will there be an option to have an upgrade (free or paid don't matter)

Thanks
Go to: http://www.gmaccessorieszone.com/select_accessories/vehicle_search/Pontiac/2009/G8/

This is the GM accessories website, and if they do release an upgrade kit it will be listed here. Right now they dont show it, but I would check back regulary....

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
From what I gather they will not, as the issue was apparently a software related issue + I think the Bluetooth is integrated with a new, different OnStar unit. In other words, it would be ridiculously difficult to get it on the older ones.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
From what I gather they will not, as the issue was apparently a software related issue + I think the Bluetooth is integrated with a new, different OnStar unit. In other words, it would be ridiculously difficult to get it on the older ones.
Thats what I am thinking as well. The same goes for every other option one car has but the other doesnt, like power liftgates, etc. The features are usually intergrated into more then one module, so you cant just plug something in to make it work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts