GM Inside News Forum banner

Will 34" tires fit with 2" lift

49K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  hinks4444 
#1 ·
I have a 2000 Silverado Z71, I just ordered a 2" lift I was wondering if 295 75 r16's will fit.

#3 ·
With a 2000 it will be close.
The 2003-2007 had more front bumper interference.
You're right on the edge with those, but with a narrow rim you're more likely to get away with it.
With a wider rim or one with less back spacing, you'll probably hit the bumper when turning.

#6 ·
I'm not sure, but seriously, put in the keys first, then check the tires.
285/75/16s fit fine on the 800s up to 2002 ('03-'07 with minor trim of the valance), so with stock rims you'll probably be okay. Worst case you'll trim the lower valance and/or space out the bumper. Don't do the body lift unless you have too. Honestly, a 3" body lift is too much. 1" tops. Besides, the body isn't the issue except for the back edge of the fender at the bottom and that is generally only with wider aftermarket wheels with too little backspacing. The bumper, which is the main issue, is bolted to the frame.
I don't want you to waste time and/or money.
-
no mods for 2" keys, except the keys and correct shocks.
But you will need an alignment afterwards.

#7 ·
This is what I think, but I think on my 3/4 ton anyways keys don't do any good. You can only lift it so high before the bumpstops bottom out. Which I think you can do with the factory keys. Just max them out. I put different keys on really think it was a waste, you can lift it high but instantly bottoms out and rides like azz. And I don't think 295's are going to fit with just a 2 inch lift. 285's would be as tall as i'd go.

3" body and jacking torsion bars up should clear the 295's fine. I know some people don't like the bodies but I put one on a 95 and it works fine. Nieghbor has one on a 97 and hauls and pulls with it and no probs. Just depends on who ya are.

#9 ·
I was just woundering if anyone can tell me if 33's will fit on my 04 silverado 4x4 if the torsion bar was raised all the way up and if they were mounted on the stock rims? After buying the tires I really don't have another 250 for a ready lift kit...if anyone can help please lmk at flattracker44 @ yahoo .com...I'm sorry for asking a question on someone elses post. But I'm new and still havnt figured out how to start my own...thanks for any help and understanding

#14 ·
Well yet another tire question....since my last post I found a guy to trade me the 33x14's for a set of 285/70r16's this way they will fit my stock rims...my question still stands if the will fit after some adjusting with the T-bars and maby minor trimming....if anyone can help please lmk or email me at flattracker44 @ yahoo .com thanks for every ones help

#15 ·
285/70/17s with just a leveling by cranking the torsion bars, zero trimming necessary:

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f48/my-silverado-51228/

305/70/17s (33.8") on a 17x9, 3" Performance Accessories body lift and the t-bar level. i had to trim the black air dam, i wound taking it off instead, and a little on the inside of the bumper, but it was the inside lip and is not noticeable from looking at the side. now there is no rub even at full lock, i will say it is a tight fit though:

#16 ·
I have a question for you guys, I have a 1999 chevy 1500 suburban. I want to lift it up. I was wondering if i put a couple add leafs on the truck to raise it up about 6 inches. Once I do that could I fit 34" tires on that? Another question, I have been told that one add leaf is supposed to raise the truck up 3" is this true?

#18 ·
There is alot more to it than just adding a couple of leaf springs. You have a IFS up front(independant front suspension). You will have to buy a lift kit for it period. My kit that I have on my 95 added one spring and a block(around 3"). I had a 6" kit at first and then added a 3" body lift. The 6" was enough to clear 35" tires no prob.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.