GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why only available with Caddylack , Chevy sold ; a whole herd , a plethora , a gusillion , a million , more than a few , ,,,,take your pick , and many of the Cobalts and Cavaliers are still out there still being enjoyed by their owners . They look great in this style and surprisingly , in my area , igloo owners here are driving these vehicles that have sound bodies with little or no rust ....this with over 10 years on our salty winter roads . GM had many quality parts and components issues , but the reliable engines and drivetrains soldier on . This is a highly saleable style , the Cruze is a one note song and needs another tune....how about " on the wings of a snow white dove , GM sends its pure white Cruze coupe , a sign from above , on the wings of a dove ???:yup::p:

·
Registered
11,898 Posts
On the other hand Chevrolet has the excellent Camaro.

It's more difficult to get someone that wants a sedan to buy a coupe than it is to get someone that wants a couple to buy a sedan.

·
Registered
13,172 Posts
Under 25 grand would be the camaro v 6.

Above 25 it's the higher optioned camaro a including the v8 s and of course the corvette.

The two door market has shrunk and in fact the four door sedan market is under attack by CUVs..as consumers first choice...

·
Registered
981 Posts

Above 25 it's the higher optioned camaro a including the v8 s and of course the corvette.

The two door market has shrunk and in fact the four door sedan market is under attack by CUVs..as consumers first choice...
That's it as far as Chevy goes but if one dares greatly, the General would be happy to show you an even better option.

The Monte Carlo died and no one looked back. I think it could've used better, less Nascar-centric styling, but honestly the market isn't there to bring it back. The Solara and Altima coupe are also dead. Same goes for the Eclipse and soon the Elantra coupe.

The Accord Coupe is a true rarity and they even offer a 6MT 278hp V6. TTAC's Jack Baruth did a write up on his, but even he posits that car's days are numbered two.

All other coupes for sale are either pushing the "track me" performance envelope (or such illusions) or the personal luxury point. I agree with JBsZ06 that CUVs are the new go-to segment vs coupes.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts

Oooh yea coupes

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Even cars like the Veloster, Civic, Elantra, Forte, and Scion tC are having a hard time selling in 2-door form. And the Accord coupe isn't the only midsize 2-door left because everyone else's failed to maintain adequate sales totals.

Coupes are a dying breed. Unless you're talking about specialty cars like the Mustang, Camaro, and Challenger which offer more exciting styling and better performance, for no more money than the Accord, and not much more than a Cruze coupe would be.

·
Registered
528 Posts

Neither of the above can be driven in the winter where their is snow and ice.

For now, only Germans and Japanese brands have AWD coupes with the exception of the Cadillac ATS coupe.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
4,820 Posts
Neither of the above can be driven in the winter where their is snow and ice.

For now, only Germans and Japanese brands have AWD coupes with the exception of the Cadillac ATS coupe.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
That's not true at all.

Have a 2014 Chevy SS and a 2012 Camaro 1LT, both riding on 18 inch Blizzacks.

Have been driving RWD cars in the winter since my 01 Camaro SS. Never had any problems.

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
Have been driving RWD cars in the winter since my 01 Camaro SS. Never had any problems.
I've never had any issues with RWD in winter, either ... & I don't have winter tires. *shrugs*

As to the topic of coupes, sadly, it does seem like coupes are a dying breed, for the "mainstream, every day" cars, anyway. That is, the cars driven by people who only see them as appliances.

Cort :) www.oldcarsstronghearts.com
1979 & 1989 Caprice Classics | pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve
"Without you, I'm not me" __ Colin Raye __ 'Little Rock'

1 - 12 of 12 Posts