GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.holden.com.au/www-holden/action...id=5&catid=1103

I was browsing the Holden site when I came across this handsome wagon. Check the photos and read about the car. You'll be surprised to note that it's available with LS1 power!

With all the people buying crossover SUVs and Subaru wagons, why not offer an alternative that is truly different.

GM should investigate offering this car here!

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Not news related.....moving

I think it would be a good Small Sport Utility for Chevy maybe, just not with a Chevy grille smacked on it.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Chevy has enough goddamn SUV's. Thats what the 9-7 should have been (albeit it shouldn't exist to begin with...)

·
Super Moderator
4,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by Chops@May 19 2004, 12:46 AM
Chevy has enough goddamn SUV's. Thats what the 9-7 should have been (albeit it shouldn't exist to begin with...)
Maybe not a Chevy, but what about as a Pontiac SportWagon of some sort?

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Originally posted by vanshmack@May 19 2004, 04:34 AM
http://www.holden.com.au/www-holden/action...id=5&catid=1103

I was browsing the Holden site when I came across this handsome wagon. Check the photos and read about the car. You'll be surprised to note that it's available with LS1 power!

With all the people buying crossover SUVs and Subaru wagons, why not offer an alternative that is truly different.

GM should investigate offering this car here!
wow cool link did you also see the crewman ss it looks like a modern day el camino heres the address http://www.holden.com.au/www-holden/action...id=5&catid=1104

·
Registered
922 Posts
I am usually not a supporter of bringing all the Holdens over and rebadging them, but for some reason I love the Adventura(sp). I would love to see it over here as something... Saab would have been nice, but as a Saturn will do. NO Crewman! El Caminos are gone for a reason and soon the Baja will probably be gone to... Yuck! Just my feelings on the subject.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Originally posted by vanshmack+May 19 2004, 02:13 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vanshmack @ May 19 2004, 02:13 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Chops@May 19 2004, 12:46 AM
Maybe not a Chevy, but what about as a Pontiac SportWagon of some sort? [/b][/quote]

That's a great idea!

How about an extened bodied Vibe or something?

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
There is a truck tariff between the US and Oz, and from my understanding, is the reson why we dont see Utes here. All of the V chassis Holdens use the Gen III small block.
As for that car coming here, why? That chassis is going buh-bye in 2 years. By the time they get that whole thing set up, Zeta will be here and we can built our own.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Originally posted by vanshmack@May 18 2004, 11:13 PM
Maybe not a Chevy, but what about as a Pontiac SportWagon of some sort?
I'm not sure. It's pretty big to be considered a sport wagon for me.

As it is the Vibe does just fine, and is pretty well priced. I don't think it'd be smart to phase out the Vibe and bring this in, since I'm sure it'd MSRP for 31+k.

I still think that would be a perfect 9-7 and fit better with Saab's quirkiness.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I would like to see the 185-hp 3.4 V6 in the Vibe.
I do not really like high-strung 4-bangers, and it's
even worse when they require premium fuel.

·
Super Moderator
4,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'd love to see an SS Ute in this country. In fact, they probably could've done the SSR using V chassis. Oh well, we can only dream.

·
Registered
954 Posts
If the free trade agreement between the USA and australia gets passed by both legislatures, then the truck tariff will go to 0%

1 - 14 of 14 Posts