GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
17,579 Posts
This isn't the MiTo - it's its older Pokemon-faced brother, the 147... Such a nice rebody of the already-hot Bravo! Italians proved they aren't renown for great styling for nothing.

Too bad Lancia got the ugly end of the stick. While Alfa's really sleek "cat eyes" look was dropped for the Pokemon face, Lancia was saddled with a tapir-shaped car...

·
Registered
8,904 Posts
Or this:

My parents just (yesterday morning actually) traded in their ES for a new 2009 IS 250 AWD (fully loaded, DVD nav, memory seats, etc)

While the dealer evaluated the trade in value of their ES... They say... would you like some coffee... I say no... I wanna drive that.

I speak first hand, the IS F is a freak of nature. Scary fast... I'm in love...

Will I buy one? no... But I did sit in an end of year GS... WOW that is a nice car... I really wish GM/Cadillac could build something half as nice.

·
Premium Member
1,813 Posts
Or this:

My parents just (yesterday morning actually) traded in their ES for a new 2009 IS 250 AWD (fully loaded, DVD nav, memory seats, etc)

While the dealer evaluated the trade in value of their ES... They say... would you like some coffee... I say no... I wanna drive that.

I speak first hand, the IS F is a freak of nature. Scary fast... I'm in love...

Will I buy one? no... But I did sit in an end of year GS... WOW that is a nice car... I really wish GM/Cadillac could build something half as nice.
There something better than your Lexus crap. It's called the CTS.

·
Registered
8,904 Posts
There something better than your Lexus crap. It's called the CTS.
Did you note that I drive an STS?
My point was GM needs to build cars as nice as these... I'm a GM/Cadillac buyer. It pains me to note that the CTS isn't even close to the IS in terms of refinement, features and performance. I did everything I could to get my parents to drive a new CTS... Nope they would have NONE of it. The service and satisfaction they get from Lexus on there ES is nothing like the dealership experience I get with my Caddy.

And the STS? It is completely uncompetitive now with ANYTHING.

·
Premium Member
1,813 Posts
My point was GM needs to build cars as nice as these... I'm a GM/Cadillac buyer. It pains me to note that the CTS isn't even close to the IS in terms of refinement, features and performance.

And the STS? It is completely uncompetitive now with ANYTHING.
Except you have no point.The IS better in refinement:lmao:?
What a joke.
The CTS is a better car than the IS. I'am sure you dislike the CTS because it's a GM.

As for the STS ,the STS will gone by 2010.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
What a joke.
The CTS is a better car than the IS. I'am sure you dislike the CTS because it's a GM.

Why would he hate the CTS because its GM when he drives a STS which its GM?

BTW the IS is supposed to be something of a ricer i think. Ive seen some of them where i live all riced out already. Or should i say "Tuner" :lmao:

·
Registered
8,904 Posts
What a joke.

Did you even read my post... I begged my parents who are in their 70's to take a look at a new CTS. My dad BTW is a dyed in the wool Oldsmobile man. He switch to Lexus when GM dumped Olds.
For me I don't like the CTS cause it is too small on the inside. I'm waiting to see what the STS replacement will look like before I buy my next new car. I need a big car for my wife and kids. We love our STS...

Noob... take a look at my historic posts before you try and take me to school.
1) I only buy and drive GM cars
2) I actually support the company and own stock.. how much stock do you own
3) The CTS competes in size with the GS, E and 5 Series. Cadillac doesn't even make a luxury car in the IS class in North America. And sadly the BLS that they sell in Europe isn't in the same class of refinement either.
4) The news about the death of the STS in 2010 is not news and is depressing as heck... GM and Cadillac are walking (running) away from their core customer base.

·
Registered
6,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It pains me to note that the CTS isn't even close to the IS in terms of refinement, features and performance. .
I respectfully disagree. I've owned both an IS250 and an '08CTS and the CTS has it all over the IS! And if you liked the ISF, wait till you can try a CTS-V!

·
Premium Member
1,813 Posts
Did you even read my post... I begged my parents who are in their 70's to take a look at a new CTS. My dad BTW is a dyed in the wool Oldsmobile man. He switch to Lexus when GM dumped Olds.
For me I don't like the CTS cause it is too small on the inside. I'm waiting to see what the STS replacement will look like before I buy my next new car.

Noob... take a look at my historic posts before you try and take me to school.
1) I only buy and drive GM cars
2) I actually support the company and own stock.. how much stock do you own
3) The CTS competes in size with the GS, E and 5 Series. Cadillac doesn't even make a luxury car in the IS class in North America. And sadly the BLS that they sell in Europe isn't in the same class of refinement either.
4) The news about the death of the STS in 2010 is not news and is depressing as heck... GM and Cadillac are walking (running) away from their core customer base.
1) I own Tons of GM stock and support the Company far more and have very deep connections with in GM.

2)The CTS does compete with the E-Class and 5-Series , but is price like the C-Class and 3-Series(That part will be taken care of in a few years.)

3) The Alpha base BTS is coming.

4) As GM has planned the STS will be gone , and the CTS will take it's place by moving up.

·
Banned
6,653 Posts
MiTo or 147? All of the above and none of the above. It's the 149.

Feast your eyes on Alfa's brand new hatch! This is how the sensational 149 - a direct rival to Ford's Focus - is shaping up.

Based on the same platform as the Fiat Bravo and Lancia Delta, the replacement for the 147 will blend the raw beauty of the 8C Competizione with the style of the MiTo in a larger, family-sized package. The front end's generous curves and circular headlamps take their inspiration from the MiTo, while the sharp, arrow-like nose and deep Alfa shield grille are borrowed from the 8C Competizione.

At the back the 149 is clearly its own car, however. Although the MiTo has a delicate, squat rear, the 149 features a much sportier stance. A steeply raked tail similar to Audi's A3, plus the addition of a small spoiler, twin exhausts and circular LED tail-lamps, give the hatch a persona all of its own.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Thats not the Mito, the Mito is more like a Corsa type car.
Thing is, GM does make it, just not for the US.

As for the IS, its a good car but the CTS is in a different class. IS is smaller, and the IS-F is nothing compared to the M3 or C63, lets not try to bring in the CTS-V.
BTS will take on the IS and 3 series.

·
Registered
7,264 Posts
I'm not so sure that car (the one pictured in the first post) would sell in the American market.

Look at the Astra. People on these boards used to beg GM to bring cars over from Europe. About how great it would be to have a hatchback in our market.

They brought it over. It's gotten almost all very good reviews. The 3-door is a real looker. And despite what I've read from some posters here, it's very competitively priced. It sells great in Europe. Here? Total sales flop. People don't want it.

·
Registered
7,686 Posts
The Cadillac CTS has much better features then the Lexus IS has, my coworker has a black on black CTS fully loaded RWD (stickered for $46,000 he got it for $43,000).

As far as features go the IS is out done by the Cadillac CTS.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts