1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Guilty.

·
Premium Member
15,292 Posts
Ha. Both of our modern cars have that stupid, ugly multi-function GM stalk on the left-hand side of the column. The cruise-control interface is just awful. So, no thumb driving here.

·
Registered
44,165 Posts
I do.
It's hard to do so in the Jaguar, as the cruise control is a panel on the dash.
The Saab isn't so bad, as the switches are a finger length out.
The Mercedes is really easy, as the cruise control is the whole stalk.

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
I do this all the time as well! Sometimes I wish that the decelerate cruise button could actually be used to activate the brakes. I really wish I had adapative cruise control so that the vehicle could do almost all the thinking.

·
Registered
7,874 Posts
All the time. Very easy to do in the Saab. Haha what year is your Mercedes mg? My old 85 had an entire stalk devoted to cruise control also, very easy in that car also.

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
Ha. Both of our modern cars have that stupid, ugly multi-function GM stalk on the left-hand side of the column. The cruise-control interface is just awful. So, no thumb driving here.

my car has the multifunction stalk as well. It's stupid but after awhile you get used to it. and I have used cruise control from time to time but only in the day time because the steering wheel buttons for that don't light up at night

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
I use my cruise all the time, but I almost never use the Accelerate or Coast buttons. I'd rather do that myself. Ford put the buttons in the perfect locations though. No "Smart Stik" for me:D.

·
Registered
44,165 Posts
All the time. Very easy to do in the Saab. Haha what year is your Mercedes mg? My old 85 had an entire stalk devoted to cruise control also, very easy in that car also.
1995 Mercedes.
If I'm not mistaken, Mercedes today still have an entire stalk devoted to cruise control.
It's actually a pretty smart design. It's only a finger's length away. It's positioned high, so if your hands are in the right driving position (10 and 2), it's in the perfect ergonomic position.

·
Premium Member
15,292 Posts
1995 Mercedes.
If I'm not mistaken, Mercedes today still have an entire stalk devoted to cruise control.
It's actually a pretty smart design. It's only a finger's length away. It's positioned high, so if your hands are in the right driving position (10 and 2), it's in the perfect ergonomic position.
It is pretty perfect. That's what the Chrysler LX cars had until people complained about it, so now they have the typical corporate Chrysler LLC cruise control units.

·
Registered
9,751 Posts
I probably use my cruise control a little more in a single day than a normal person should...

I like the multi-function stalk, haha.

·
Registered
7,874 Posts
1995 Mercedes.
I love how Mercedes doesn't change things that just work. Can find some of the same stuff from the 85 Mercedes to whats rolling off the line today.

·
Registered
7,874 Posts
That and the door lock indicator. The little stalks that go up and down in the door for lock/unlock. Not sure what else you would call those.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I probably use my cruise control a little more in a single day than a normal person should...

I like the multi-function stalk, haha.
Hay! There's white writing on yours!:D

1 - 20 of 43 Posts