GM Inside News Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Frequently (although not continuously) I am detecting a whistling noise from the engine compartment (or the exhaust system?) on my Monte Carlo (320 miles). It comes and goes while driving. Parking the car and opening the door, I can't hear it although it might be masked by other noises or the fact that the trans is in park.

I found a TSB for the 2003 Monte (TSB01527, NHTSA #10005464) in the TSB's on www.nhtsa.gov. But without becoming an AllData member, I cannot obtain the document other than the title. The 2004 TSB's for the Chevys are not showing anything but this might be that the year is still young. So the phone taker at the Chevy site couldn't help. The dealer was no use since he basically said "make an appointment, then we'll look into it" and would not look up the TSB for me.

Is there a way to get the TSB?
Has anybody else experienced this condition?

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, no, no,no
The whine can be heard when the car is at a stop light. It is not so much a whine as from gears or bearings (which would be more frequent) but a whistling sound. It is more of a whistling sound-like air blowing past a thin sheet.
But there is a TSB written on the 2003 and I am interested in reading the text.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I'm just messing with you a little :p I would raise hell with my dealer. If there's a TSB out I thought they were required to tell you what it's about.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.