GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have another selection in mind...(which I am not aware of) please post below!

·
Registered
871 Posts
I thought chevy changed it to only make the ss model supercharged. i thought they ditched the non supercharged ss :YMCA:.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I dunno but I regard the Solstice as a roadster, not so much in the mainstream as the others. I voted on the Cobalt, hoping they keep the weight down.

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
I can't afford 2 NEW cars, so as much as I'd like the Solstice, I'd rather have my 79 Fiat with a new Saab 9-2 as my winter car.

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by tookie@Jul 18 2004, 12:49 PM
I thought chevy changed it to only make the ss model supercharged. i thought they ditched the non supercharged ss :YMCA:.

That's strange, I never noticed that before. :blink:

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
That's just the initial availability. The Cobalt SS 2.4L sedan and coupe will have late availability, definitely after the first of the year. I'm sure I've posted that somewhere before, but people seem to gripe needlessly before they read the stuff I wrote in the past that already addressed the same gripe.

Initially, the SS/SC 2.0 was to have late availability as well, but Chevy thinks it will get a lot of positive press, and thus they want it out as soon as possible.

Ghrankenstein

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
i emailed GM canada a few months back to see if there were plans to bring the solstice to canada. didn't get a definite answer ("we appreciate your interest; we are gauging public reaction at this point"). are most vehicles designed and built in north america built to canadian crash standards? i understand that when importing the GTO (for example) to the US it wasn't cost effective to bring it to canada too, but surely something homegrown like the solstice would be designed to survive north of the border. anyone know for sure?

·
Registered
554 Posts
I would't mind any of those but I had to go with the Cobalt SS/SC. I think it would be the most practical for me, personally....

I for one can't wait to see what these things can do!!

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
Originally posted by paul8488@Jul 19 2004, 05:08 PM
i emailed GM canada a few months back to see if there were plans to bring the solstice to canada. didn't get a definite answer ("we appreciate your interest; we are gauging public reaction at this point"). are most vehicles designed and built in north america built to canadian crash standards? i understand that when importing the GTO (for example) to the US it wasn't cost effective to bring it to canada too, but surely something homegrown like the solstice would be designed to survive north of the border. anyone know for sure?
Canada's crash standards are more or less equivalent to USA regs, just a slight difference in bumper rating.

All vehicles (more or less) designed and built in North America are done to Canadian crash standards.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 10 of 10 Posts