GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that we've got a pretty good look at these, which GM minivan would you be most likely to buy, (I know I know--force yourself to pretend you need a minivan, okay?).

My choice, hands-down, is the Buick Terraza.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I'm not voting. You should have put in a "GM needs to go back to the Drawing Board" option in there. None of them are worthy of our votes IMO.

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
I vote none of the above. the Caravan is the clear winner. Even the Freestar looks lie a better vehicle than these.

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by Sgt Beavis@Feb 1 2004, 10:43 AM
I'm not voting.  You should have put in a "GM needs to go back to the Drawing Board" option in there.  None of them are worthy of our votes IMO.
Hmm, point taken.

I don't exactly have a strongly negative opinion about these so far, except that they're way too similar; BUT, for those who are absolutely disgusted with what they see, allow me to rephrase the question:

Which of the '05 minivans is least likely to make you puke?

...better? B)

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Originally posted by Rex Raider@Feb 1 2004, 11:23 AM
I vote none of the above.  the Caravan is the clear winner.  Even the Freestar looks lie a better vehicle than these.
I dunno, Rex, the Caravan is starting to look pretty dated to me:

Like a last generation Toyota minivan.

I think the exterior is over the top, but the Nissan Quest wins my vote for "Most Likely to have originated in this century":

As for the GM lineup, I go for the SV6 ("Montana" is just a dumb name for a Pontiac)

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
I'm referring to the 2005 Caravan, especially the functionality of the seats. Even if looking a little older, the Caravan is still a nice looking design.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I was at my Nissan dealership to check out the Titan and I saw a Quest, it was perhaps the WEIRDEST and ugliest minivan I have seen. Nissan is good at making cars!!!!

·
Registered
613 Posts
Originally posted by coolcaddy+Feb 1 2004, 04:26 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (coolcaddy @ Feb 1 2004, 04:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Sgt Beavis@Feb 1 2004, 10:43 AM
I'm not voting.  You should have put in a "GM needs to go back to the Drawing Board" option in there.  None of them are worthy of our votes IMO.
Hmm, point taken.

I don't exactly have a strongly negative opinion about these so far, except that they're way too similar; BUT, for those who are absolutely disgusted with what they see, allow me to rephrase the question:

Which of the '05 minivans is least likely to make you puke?

...better? B) [/b][/quote]
That's fine, I understand that you don't have a strongly negative opinion. I can respect that. However, you're poll is asking for others opinons ;)

It's all good though. Soldier on!

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Originally posted by Sgt Beavis@Feb 1 2004, 10:43 AM
I'm not voting. You should have put in a "GM needs to go back to the Drawing Board" option in there. None of them are worthy of our votes IMO.
I vote for this response!

Mark

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
The Freestar more attractive than the SV6! HA, that thing is horrible...it looks like a block on wheels...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would say that the best is by far the SV6, interior and exterior. I just hope that they offer larger engines than they are saying!

·
Registered
922 Posts
Originally posted by Rex Raider@Feb 1 2004, 11:23 AM
I vote none of the above. the Caravan is the clear winner. Even the Freestar looks lie a better vehicle than these.
I wish Grank was here so he could call you a N.N. I would say it but i dont wanna steal his line. :ninja:

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Originally posted by usa1+Feb 1 2004, 03:00 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (usa1 @ Feb 1 2004, 03:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Sgt Beavis@Feb 1 2004, 10:43 AM
I vote for this response!

Mark [/b][/quote]
I'm with these guys. Though if I had voted I'd vote the Caravan.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Guys, minivans are ugly and boring. God forbid someone make one that does not look like a Japanese spaceshuttle or the cut it out of the same boring mold.

The Freestar and the Caravan, as functional as they are, they are still Minivans, they look like minivans, they look like the same mold of the ones sold in what, 1994?

The Quest, Oddessy, and Sienna, are Japanese shuttle looking things. They look like they should replace the Detroit People Mover (For those of you in the area).

While yes I agree that GM really did a badge engineering job here, and the cost they saved is showing and what not, but at least they are different from the rest of the pack.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I agree that the Chrysler minivan twins are starting to look dated, but I think they are still the best looking minivans on the market. Having said that, I like the looks of these new GM models for the most part. I have two major complaints with the exteriors on all of them. The design of the headlights is really bad. It just looks terrible. My other complaint is the exposed tracks for the sliding doors. They made no attempt to hide them and they really mar the looks of the side of the vehicles.

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Originally posted by mikehamm45@Feb 2 2004, 08:52 AM
While yes I agree that GM really did a badge engineering job here, and the cost they saved is showing and what not, but at least they are different from the rest of the pack.
Good point. Funny, but these CSVs remind me of the (also car-minivan based) Toyota Highlander and Honda Pilot in some ways --- like a true mix of minivan and faux-by-four car-based Ute.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Originally posted by Ming+Feb 2 2004, 01:12 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Ming @ Feb 2 2004, 01:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-mikehamm45@Feb 2 2004, 08:52 AM
Good point. Funny, but these CSVs remind me of the (also car-minivan based) Toyota Highlander and Honda Pilot in some ways --- like a true mix of minivan and faux-by-four car-based Ute. [/b][/quote]
and this should be a good thing as the Highlander and Pilot both sell well, eh?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts