·
Premium Member
7,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Where's HSV?

Ken Gratton
18 March 2008
www.carpoint.com.au

Holden is building a high performance VE Commodore derivative for Pontiac -- yet HSV is nowhere to be seen.

One feature of the Pontiac G8 GXP revealed to the media over the weekend shows a trace of HSV DNA. The wheels fitted to the GXP (more here) in GM's media photos appear to be the same as the 20-inch jobs fitted to the HSV GTS.

And that raises a question allowed to go begging. What has been HSV's involvement in the development of the LS3 application for the G8 GXP?

"The GXP itself, in terms of building it, that's going to be a Holden [product]," said John Lindsay, Holden's Manager - Media Relations.

"We have our global rear-wheel drive team here and they're developing this car globally. These guys [Holden and HSV engineers] talk to each other, but formally, the car is developed by the international team based here in Melbourne.

Click here to continue article

·
Registered
103 Posts
The Pontiac Gxp Version Looks To Much Like The Base Version They Should Of Got The HSV FRONT,Hsv Side Vents,hsv Back Lights,walkinshaw Exhaust To Sound Like A Real Muscle Car. And Add The Senator Interior That Would Look Good

·
Registered
103 Posts
Why Does Gm Detune The Ls3 Engine Thats Stuped Hsv Gets More From The Ls2 The Gxp Sucks It Looks Like The Pontiac Gt What A Rip Off Ur Better Of Getting The Gt And Do Mods Than Have The Plain Looking Gxp Gm Better Give Hsv The Ls3 So They Can Use It Full Potentail What Looks Better A Gxp Vs Hsv The Hsv By Alot

·
Premium Member
18,180 Posts
Why Does Gm Detune The Ls3 Engine Thats Stuped Hsv Gets More From The Ls2 The Gxp Sucks It Looks Like The Pontiac Gt What A Rip Off Ur Better Of Getting The Gt And Do Mods Than Have The Plain Looking Gxp Gm Better Give Hsv The Ls3 So They Can Use It Full Potentail What Looks Better A Gxp Vs Hsv The Hsv By Alot

Here's some spare ones. Feel free to use them > , . . . . . . , , , , ,:lmao:

·
Premium Member
18,180 Posts
"aint"? NZ HOLDEN FAN, we are Americanizing you! Ha, ha!

Keep up the good work with Photoshop/ editor. It is always nice to see other ideas.
^^^ Huh? what are you talking aboot?
:fall:

·
Registered
397 Posts
The Pontiac Gxp Version Looks To Much Like The Base Version They Should Of Got The HSV FRONT,Hsv Side Vents,hsv Back Lights,walkinshaw Exhaust To Sound Like A Real Muscle Car. And Add The Senator Interior That Would Look Good

Call me crazy, but I LOVE the fact that this car looks like the base car. I want some fool in a Mustang to pull up next to me at a stoplight thinking that I'm driving either the pedestrian V6 or the GT. That makes it all the sweeter when you blow his doors off and leave him sucking exhaust wondering all the while what happened. Plus, cops won't be gunning for this thing like the do the Evos, STIs, and other obviously modified sport sedans. I'll take mine in black please!!!

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
GXP wheels are 19", HSV GTS wheels are 20". Some basic info that the writer could have found out perhaps?
The HSV GTS wheels with the spokes that come to a point at the hub would have been the perfect wheel for a Pontiac... it essentially looks like 5 Pontiac arrowheads. I'm hoping they will at least be available as an option on the GXP.

·
Premium Member
18,180 Posts
Call me crazy, but I LOVE the fact that this car looks like the base car. I want some fool in a Mustang to pull up next to me at a stoplight thinking that I'm driving either the pedestrian V6 or the GT. That makes it all the sweeter when you blow his doors off and leave him sucking exhaust wondering all the while what happened. Plus, cops won't be gunning for this thing like the do the Evos, STIs, and other obviously modified sport sedans. I'll take mine in black please!!!
+1
Performance over pomp.:yup:

·
Registered
210 Posts
I would have liked a bit more seperation in looks and interior between the G8 GT and the GXP, but I'm just so glad GM is building both that I just don't care.
It seems to be in line with what Pontiac have done with the G6 and Solstice GXP. Their differentiations from the base models aren't over the top either. I suppose it all depends on whether you want to advertise the fact that you're driving something a bit special. For me, all go and no show thanks.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Maybe they thought the HSV body kit was to much for american tastes lol, but you would think a few things would have been done subtely to the car to make it diff to the other G8 versions, does Pontiac or GM have something like Holden by Design where they can dress the car up, they might try that to help add a bit more profit to the dealers, would have been nice to maybe give the GXP its own colours

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.