GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
I hear ya, I went to the website a few days ago and I was like "where is the Cadillac?" Isnt the CTS 35,000$. Car and Driver are probably affraid of an American Car beating one of their beloved Japanese in a comparo.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am thinking of cancelling my subscription to Car and Driver. I like everything about them except when they review a GM vehicle. They are so biased to non-American cars. And even if they like a model they are so conservative in their praise of it. They have to point out every little negative just because it's GM. Any recommendations for another mag?

·
Registered
4,723 Posts
I'm guessing that they didn't include the CTS because the only stick under the price limit uses the "old" 220 hp V6. The new 255 hp "high feature" V6 comes only with the automatic.

If you want a V6 sport package car, which is what Cadillac would probably want to supply for a test like this, you have to take the high feature V6 and the automatic.

Keep in mind that automakers supply cars for these tests. If I worked in the PR department for Cadillac and I knew the V6 we were using for the stick shift was on its way out - and wouldn't do well in the comparison - I'd probably not make a car available. Especially with the CTS-V just launched getting pretty favourable reviews all around. Why risk a less-than-stellar review on a car that probably won't be around next year anyway. Best to wait for the launch of the high feature stick (which I believe will be available next year) and get positive reviews then.

·
Premium Member
6,926 Posts
An Infiniti Q45 is certainly a prestigous vehicle. So is a Lexus LS and Acura RL.. These are all very refined luxury cars.. Of course, they don't have nearly the history of Cadillac - but that doesn't make them 'lesser'..

·
Registered
66 Posts
Whatever prestige Infiniti has doesn't last long enough to get their customers to buy another.
Infiniti has a customer retention rate of only 36.5%, well below the class average.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts