GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every day lately I go on the internet and find sites talking about the Titan and th Tundra, The new Ram and of corse the new F-150 but I never hear anything new coming from GM. I just read a review from C&D about the 5 full sized truck and the silverado came in last!

Chevy needs to redisign the Silverado/sierra soon. They are now the oldest disigns on the market. I hate to see GM get behind in something, especially now when they are promoting this "American revolution".

Does anybody know anything about when the new silverado will be comeing out or what new changes will be made? Any opinions will also be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
2008 is when its due. but in the meantime underneath they'll be things added to more of the light duty versions, like the quadrasteer found on the gmc's, and torq on demand which swiches between 4 and 8 cylinders as needed. not sure the competitors will have those kind of options.

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Originally posted by IMPALAon20s@Jan 28 2004, 01:44 PM
2008 is when its due. but in the meantime underneath they'll be things added to more of the light duty versions, like the quadrasteer found on the gmc's, and torq on demand which swiches between 4 and 8 cylinders as needed. not sure the competitors will have those kind of options.
For more information visit the Future Vehicles Page...its 2007 for the New Full Size Pickups (but Calender year 2008 I believe)

·
Registered
20 Posts
I wouldn't worry about that test. At least where it comes to comparing the Ram and GM's trucks.

Quick story: My Trailblazer is in the shop for a new power steering pump. Warrantee covers rental. Rental company offers me a 2004 Z71 Extended cab for the same price as a Saturn SL200 because apparently their clients don't like trucks as a rule. I take it, and love it (much nicer than my 1990 K1500). Today, after 2 days with the Silverado, a cop pulls me over because the tag doesn't match the vehicle. I was at work 50 miles from where I rented the vehicle, so the rental company changes out the Silverado for a Hemi Dodge Ram quad cab.

Bottom Line: The guys who argue that the Vortec will give the Hemi a run for the money are full of crap. That Hemi is racer. The Ram as a complete truck? Not even close to the Silverado. Silverado rides much better IMO, has very comparable usable cab room despite the disparity in size of the cabs what the magazine measurements say, and is much more roadworthy on snowy roads due to the Rams Wrangler SR-A tires. Also, the 4WD shifter moves almost an inch under throttle. At best, a little wierd. Last night, my wife and I went out in the Silverado to test it out on some 2' plus snowdrifts, tonight, the roads aren't nearly as tough to negotiate, yet the Ram will remain parked. That thing is not nearly as capable nor as refined a vehicle from what I experienced.

Why this isn't the typical, heavily biased GM propaganda that you find here and GM-trucks.com: First, I really don't like the looks of the new Silverado. I think the new F-150 is the best looking full-size truck now. Second, GMs 1/2 tons are lagging the competition in many payload, power catagories. Third, I was kinda looking forward to testing the Ram. Four, I've been wanting to get away from GM due to their tendency toward low-slung, road-biased trucks/SUVs. I've also been wanting to give the other guys a try because I don't want to be the classic one car company guy who drives the inferior vehicle because he won't give the other companies a try.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts