GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on chevy's web site today and I went under some of the other countries to if chevy sold different types of cars in other countries and what I found shocked me. In places like arabia they still sell the Caprice and the Lumina!!!! There is even a SS for each of these cars. They are aslo available with LS1s!!!

The caprice is far better then the crown vic in every way. With a car like that chevy could even take away fords monopoly on the police car market. Right now chevy has no direct competitors for the crown vic or intrepid.

The Lumina comes with a coupe, a wagon, and a V8 option. This car would be perfect in the american market to compete with the mustang, the Z and whatever other junk is shiped here from asia. They could even rebadge it as the camaro or chevelle(just a thought).

I hope there is at least a good reason for these cars not being available for the american maket or I will be deeply disipointed in chevy.

·
Banned
7,944 Posts
The caprice is far better then the crown vic in every way. With a car like that chevy could even take away fords monopoly on the police car market. Right now chevy has no direct competitors for the crown vic or intrepid.

Just so you know, Chevrolet does offer an Impala 9C1 Police pakage, which is quite popular with Police depts all over the US. Also, how can Ford have a "monopoly" if there also is an Intrepid Police car?

In reality, the thought of Chevrolet beating Ford in Police car sales makes you feel warm inside, but what you need to think about is that these are fleet sales, its a competition between which manufacturer can make less money on the car. Ford sells alot of Crown Victorias to Police and Taxi sales, because the reality is....who the hell else buys them?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.