GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6,363 Posts
Just bought a new Canyon. I think the window sticker said 25 mpg hwy.

With GM's current probs, I don't think you'll see a redesign soon for a vehicle that just came out in '05.

Good crash rating? Mine had 4 or 5 stars all around.

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts

With GM's current probs, I don't think you'll see a redesign soon for a vehicle that just came out in '05.

Agreed a full redesign of this truck will probably not happen for a few more years. However If you can't wait that long the big change for 2009 is the addition of the 5.3 liter V8 which is a big time improvement over the current Inline four and five cylinder engines

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Actually it came out 2004 according to MSN Autos. And I was talking about the IIHS side Crash test. It did very poorly.

·
Registered
6,363 Posts
I was curious, so I went and pulled my Maroney sticker out of the glove box.

4 stars for frontal, side, and rollover.

I thought that was pretty good for a small truck.

State Farm seems to think so.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I think they just need to refresh the interior. When these small trucks first came out, I really loved the idea until I sat in one. It felt like hard plasitic, everywhere!

·
Banned
8,969 Posts
Yet another thread about revamping the Colorado/Canyon twins???

These trucks are low sellers. Ever since the redesign, market share has been shrinking because:

A. GM let Isuzu design it and it's not very appealing to buyers.
B. Has horrid interior design and quality.

GM now doesn't have enough cash to worry about this truck. They are putting all their assets into small and midsize cars- hoping to get some market share back.

·
Registered
6,363 Posts
One of the reasons for low sales is having a $5000 rebate or greater on C/K trucks and $1000-$1500 on Colorado/Canyon.

That'll do it every time. And the dealers won't order them because there's not enough price difference.

No, my Canyon isn't lavish. But it was $16k out the door, tax and tag. At 1k on the clock it's averaging 23mpg combined without a hint of squeak, rattle, water leak, or windnoise.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I think they just need to refresh the interior. When these small trucks first came out, I really loved the idea until I sat in one. It felt like hard plasitic, everywhere!
Ya but that plastic held up and I had no rattles or anything go wrong with the interior on my 06 Canyon. I can't say that about my new 08 Sierra, I have a rattle in the dash on the driver side and my upper glove box is sinking into the dash!! I still love the sierra though,

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
These trucks are low sellers. Ever since the redesign, market share has been shrinkingQUOTE]

Agreed.
We havent sold one out of our dealership since the 06 model year.
Its a shame, nice truck.

They should make them a little bigger almost midsized like the Dakota. But then again it wouldn't be good on gas if it gets bigger.

·
Registered
282 Posts
One of the reasons for low sales is having a $5000 rebate or greater on C/K trucks and $1000-$1500 on Colorado/Canyon.

That'll do it every time. And the dealers won't order them because there's not enough price difference.

No, my Canyon isn't lavish. But it was $16k out the door, tax and tag. At 1k on the clock it's averaging 23mpg combined without a hint of squeak, rattle, water leak, or windnoise.
Jeez, I would hope that your new truck hasn't started squeaking, rattling, or leaking yet with only a thousand miles on it. Talk about low expectations.
;)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts