GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,366 Posts
No Denali announcement yet as far as I've heard, but I hope there is one.
I doubt they are going to leave the Canyon as the only GMC (besides the Savanna) without a Denali trim.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Any news floating around out there as I need to order a new truck and I want it to be a hard loaded GMC Canyon Denali. Any announcement dates coming up?

Thanks
They need to build my Canyon SLT before they can get around to a Denali version for you.

On the other GMC models, how long after their introduction does the Denali usually follow? Not sure this is a good question, since if they had a 2014 Yukon Denali, then when they came out with the 2015 Yukon, it made sense to be ready from the start with a Denali. Here we have basically a new truck from scratch, so I would expect 6-9 months before they announce the Denali. However, depending on what they see Toyota doing on the Tacoma, and to a much lesser degree Nissan doing on the Frontier, could push that timetable. Of course, the Denali trim really is not aimed at the typical Tacoma purchaser, two totally different ends of the market.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Agreed. Look for it in the NY autoshow
Hum, I guess that's April 2015 for a showing. That's going to put me near the end of 2015 before I get my new truck best case scenario which sucks, but it is what it is I guess. I can't believe that I'll have waited essentially 2 years to buy a stinking pick up truck!

I'm going to need to go thru my '09 Canyon 143K miles here pretty soon to keep it running strong. Brakes, tires, inspection, tune up, trans oil change, are all in order. I was hoping to skip all of that but it doesn't look to be possible if I'm going to run it another year.

·
Registered
5,366 Posts
Of course, the Denali trim really is not aimed at the typical Tacoma purchaser, two totally different ends of the market.
How so? Toyota offers a "Limited" trim package on the Tacoma, it's about the same as what I'd expect the Denali to be. Chromed grill, mirrors, handles and wheels, special badging, special leather, heated seats, Touch Screen, push button start, etc.

·
Premium Member
36,289 Posts
I saw what certainly looked like the new GM midsize (aka large) truck last Friday about 1:30 pm, heading north on 23 to Ann Arbor.
It was bright red and had four doors. took an exit somewhere north of Dundee IIRC.

·
Registered
284 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Suns,

You may be in luck according to this article...

http://www.tfltruck.com/2014/12/what-trucks-to-expect-at-the-2015-detroit-auto-show-naias-preview/

"GMC

TFLtruck has information that GMC will unveil a special edition of a truck currently on sale. As you can tell, there is a good amount of secrecy associated with most of the vehicle reveals. This is all the information that can be communicated at this time."

Tyler
please be a syclone, please be a syclone...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts