GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know when I will be able to order an 09 Torrent?

I want a pretty specific set of options that I was unable to find in the 08 version locally, so I will custom order one from the factory via my dealer.

The dealer claims I can order one, but says his system does not have pricing information in it yet (which sounds fishy to me).

Thanks for the help.

Steve

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
It doesn't sound fishy at all. We (I work at CAMI where the Torrent/Equinox gets built) just started getting this vehicles out of welding and paint when I left today and full production of these vehicles start on 2009. We ourselves don't have all the information yet as well from GM so just be patient. Also the three new colours don't go fully into production just yet either.

Hope this helps a bit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It doesn't sound fishy at all. We (I work at CAMI where the Torrent/Equinox gets built) just started getting this vehicles out of welding and paint when I left today and full production of these vehicles start on 2009. We ourselves don't have all the information yet as well from GM so just be patient. Also the three new colours don't go fully into production just yet either.

Hope this helps a bit.
Yes. It does. But to clarify- you say they don't go into 'full production' until 2009. What does that mean? Can I not get one before jan 2009?

Sorry, I don't get how the system works.

Thanks much for the reply. Build me a good one! :)

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Yes. It does. But to clarify- you say they don't go into 'full production' until 2009. What does that mean? Can I not get one before jan 2009?

Sorry, I don't get how the system works.

Thanks much for the reply. Build me a good one! :)
I wrote it wrong. They don't go into full production until Monday June 23, 2008. That's what I meant. So yes, they will be assembled starting Monday @ 7 am. I don't work on the line, I just work into the Production System Control office :p:. Kinda see how everything gets built from start to finish.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts