GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting away form car talk now, what is your favoirte boat manufacturer and you can be specific and tell us whats your favoirte boat.

My favorite is Malibu, only kind of boat i have ever owned, i don't really have a favorite, i like all their boats, but I have a 1998 Malibu Competition Ski Boat, and i just bought a 2004 Wakesetter which is more of a wake board boat.

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
Gimme any kayak and I'm fine. A kayak lets me explore my lake and get into areas a larger boat wouldn't.

If I must go fast, I'll take my Sea-Doo GTX watercraft.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Mine's a Wellcraft Eclipse 196 SC, Mercruiser 5.0LX V8.

If I had the money, I'd get a Cobalt. Absolutely the highest quality.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Laser 1 or 2.....I'd prefer a 420 but I definately wouldn't be abel to afford it...plus you can pick up a late 80's laser for about $1000 in mint condition. multiple sets of sails and stuff....great fun when you have wind and east to set up...stepping the mast is really too...just pop it into a hole....but yeah, sailing is awesome ^_^

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I've owned a few, so far the best has been a Crestliner (except for the paint being soft and easily marred)

Dream boat is a Habercraft 1825 with a 4 stroke Yamaha

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
my father left me his 17' siren sailboat. it's got a little cabin that'd sleep two people more or less comfortably. i've not had the chance to use it alone yet, as there's a fair bit to learn before you can be comfortable sailing. and as much as i enjoy a nice powerboat, i'll take a sailboat to "get away from it all" any day. sure, there's a bit of work involved, so it's not complete relaxation, but once you get cruising along it's so quiet and peaceful. i'd better go sign up for a sailboat course... the summers gonna be over before i know it!

i've attached a pic of a similar boat (it's really almost identical as far as i can see). i'll have to get a laptop with satellite internet so i can keep abreast to the GMi newsflashes when i'm out on the lake though!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts