Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Am I crazy?

Votes: 1 50.0%
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my 2014 Chevy Silverado alittle less then 5 months ago. I have had the transfer case fixed, and all of the recalls. I have had the truck into the shop at least 5 times since that complaining about the same problem! And all I get is they can not duplicate the problem and the truck is working as designed. If that's the case then why do I keep having this problem???
The problem is when you are driving, it will sometimes make the rmps go up and drop to zero, then the truck will have no power to move for at least 5-10 seconds and began to work properly again. I have almost been in an accident 5 times because my truck won't move. I'm worried that someone is going to get injured or at worst killed because they don't have enough time to react to this problem. And I haven't had this checked yet because it just started to happen but my volume control and station control switch won't work for an hr at a times sometimes, refuses to connect to Bluetooth, and the temperature will raise and lower on its own. I just want to feel safe driving my truck again! Like am I the only one having this problem?? The engine light won't come on either.

·
Registered
9,570 Posts
I would be wondering if there is a noisey/bad connection to the canbus network as it does NOT take much to cause weird things to happen
but starting more "basic" I would be checking the ground side wiring to both the engine and cab/frame or better yet add a ground strap from the BATT NEG to the engine AND cab

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
I would be wondering if there is a noisey/bad connection to the canbus network as it does NOT take much to cause weird things to happen
but starting more "basic" I would be checking the ground side wiring to both the engine and cab/frame or better yet add a ground strap from the BATT NEG to the engine AND cab

Your probably on to something here. The trouble is that with today's complexity the average dealership isn't going to know or care to try and properly troubleshoot this. If it's not an outright trouble code or they don't see it happen on the test drive they will continue to tell the customer that nothing is found wrong. You may need to try several Chevy dealers and really complain about this before it is taken seriously and properly looked into.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts