GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In general, from the looks of automotive styling, I'll be forced to buy used cars.
The new GTO does nothing for me and I'm afraid that any new Camaro or Chevelle will follow suit.
I'll be forced to buy a 2001-3 (or go back to the 69) Camaro if I want one.
Then there will be re-badged imports (i.e. Korean LeMans, Australian GTO's) which look nothing like they should.
Only the Cadillac shows some life with their CTS models.

Oh, woe is me.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Why get used? Buy a Ford. They still have the Mustang and 2005 is lloking sweet and in 2006 it would be prime time for a new nicely styled muscle car :D

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
Originally posted by 69nova@Jul 15 2004, 12:53 PM
In general, from the looks of automotive styling, I'll be forced to buy used cars.
Don't fret!

From a styling perspective, we may actually be heading into a new 'golden age'. Auto manufacturers are putting more emphasis on styling than anytime in the past 25 years. That's good news.

By next year we'll start seeing the results of Bob Lutz at GM. While he's been able to influence a few tweaks here and there to date, cars like next year's Solstice will reveal a new emphasis on style and performance. Lots of excitement in the pipeline.

Chrysler has its new 300 on the streets. Like it or not, the public has embraced the bold styling of the 300. That car stands out on the road like none other.

With the auto market being more competitive every day, auto manufacturers will be working harder for every sale. That includes more emphasis on styling, both inside and outside the vehicle.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Originally posted by ByTheLake@Jul 16 2004, 05:54 AM
Chrysler has its new 300 on the streets. Like it or not, the public has embraced the bold styling of the 300. That car stands out on the road like none other.
The new 300 is an enormous deal, it looks so much more expensive than it really is, with all the chrome and everytyhing...very tasteful and classy. especially in white or black....

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
GM is proving that it can create an interesting design, such as Solstice, for a limited production vehicle. It still hasn't created a styling buzz for its every-day cars. The latest Malibu didn't set the world on fire. Lacrosse hasn't stirred things up from a styling perspective either. The G6 looks nice, but its only an evolution of the current Pontiac 'bird-nostril' front end. The spy photos of the new Impala don't seem to be hiding any styling excitement.

GM needs a mainstream hit in a big way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts