GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
In 1988, a late 70's early 80s Monte Carlo.
I traded it in for a 81 Buick Century Wagon with wood on the sides.
I did that cuz the Buick had A/C and power everything. The Monte was super base model.

In high school, I preferred to be more practical than cool.

Damn, I'm kicking myself now.

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
The first car I bought with my own money was a Black 1991 Chevy Camaro RS in 1990. It may be somewhat responsible for my marriage, as the woman who became my wife didn't seem quite as happy to see me when I was driving my Nissan pick-up truck. ;)

·
Registered
86 Posts
A new 1984 GMC S-15 Sierra Classic Club Coupe. It was a good car for a 16 year-old because with the 2.8 liter V-6 having only 110 hp, it wasn't easy to speed.

·
Registered
319 Posts
1981 Chevrolet Caprice 2-door with the almighty 229 V6.

·
Registered
922 Posts
An 89 Corsica, baby blue (with the GM paint peel) with a dark blue interior. Spotless but pretty slow, I too was more practical in High School.. DAMNIT!

·
Registered
815 Posts
In 1984 I turned 16 and was given a 1970 Grand Prix (the one with the 455).

This was very fast and at the time I beat vettes and F-bodies and Mustangs. A great sleeper car. After having all that power i dreamed of a 1st gen Firebird with a 455.

Now I have a 2001 Trans Am WS6 and hope to get the 1st gen Bird next. The Grand Prix got me addicted to fast and powerfull cars that felt and sounded fast and powerfull.

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
1988 oldsmobile cutlass calais. maroon with matching interior, 2.5L 4-cyl (tech 4), 3-speed auto, 2-door. freakin' loved that car. as much as i prefer manual, that auto trans was PERFECTLY suited to that car & engine. threw on 15" fiero wheels, sunbird steering wheel, and a camaro spoiler in the later years (haha- domestic rice!) just for laughs. man i want another one. it's why i'm a GM fan today!

edit: found a pic! this was my actual car.

·
Registered
520 Posts
My first GM vehicle was a 1993 GMC Sonoma SLE (2.8L V6, 5-speed). It's the first vehicle I bought. My first car was my dad's 1987 Nissan Sentra XE hatchback. I drove that for a couple years until I got the Sonoma (May of 1995). I traded the Sonoma in on my brand new 1998 Bright Green Metallic Camaro in August of 1998. I then bought a new single cab yellow S10 (ZQ8, sportside, 4.3L V6, loaded) in April of 2003. My Camaro was stolen this past March...... I plan to sell the S10 and buy a 2004 GTO this fall.
My wife has a 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP (Daytona Pace Car Edition).

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
1996 Cavalier Z24...still the daily driver today. Learned to drive on it also.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts