GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I recall, last year's top car colors were Red and Silver...

Mine is Black, Silver, Red

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
If cars stayed clean forever, Black would be my ideal choice.
However they don't. Silver is the easiest to keep clean. Unfortunately there are way too many silver cars on the road nowadays.

I would want a charcoal gray (like the Pontiac GXPs) if I was buying a car today.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Black, then some Blues (new GM trucks for example), and also a nice racing Red.

The only colour I truly hate on vehicles is WHITE!!!!!!!!!! If you're gonna pay so much for a new car at least get one with some personality and spice to it. White is just borring to me <_< There are a few exceptions though.

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
rrrrred.

before i bought my car i asked my insurance agent how much more insurance would be on a red car (versus white, for example). he laughed at me. he said "that's the third time someones asked me that this week! why do people think that?" he told me it doesn't make a difference. he said that info isn't even apparent to him... he'd have to dig through my file to find out what colour my car is.

everyone says a red car is more expensive to insure. is this an urban legend? in your experience is this true? was i just lucky? is it just a canadian thing? actually, up here white should be more expensive... a white car'd just blend in with the snow and make it really dangerous to drive! and if you parked in your igloo you might loose your car!

·
Registered
524 Posts
It really depends on the car.

Examples:
Bright Red Grand Prix-Good
Bright Red Deville-Not Good

Dark Green Lesabre-Good
Dark Green Aveo-Not Good

Yellow Corvette-Good
Yellow Express Van-Not Good

You get the picture.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Black, white, silver, smoke gray

:D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Originally posted by nsap@Apr 28 2004, 03:24 AM
I use to like pewter, but it is SO COMMON anymore that I don't like it. ;)
Talk about common colors, I think it's the Sandstone that I like to call the "Chevy" color. Funny story with that--I had a rental Malibu with that color, and I was trying to open the door with my key before I realized it was NOT my rental car, so I tried another one which was, again, NOT my car! Imagine that--two other than my rental looking pretty much the same in the same small parking lot. Third time was the charm. :drevil:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a Yellow Aveo and before i saw it i said i would never buy a yellow car but when i saw the aveo in yellow i loved it!!!!! So i guess i would have to say yellow but only for the Aveo, the bright blue color is also nice

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Yellow is a GREAT sports-car and minicar color. I just love seeing yellow Corvettes, Mustangs, Supras, etc.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I have always had a red vehical and liked them, but black always looks sweet. After I went black in my S10 I never could go back(see my TB in the Garage) even with all the spots and scratches that come with it. I dont even wax my TB, because I fear scratches and swirl marks, Oh I miss waxing my vehical.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts