GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DETROIT - General Motors Corp. (NYSE: GM) announced Terraza as the name of the new Buick crossover sport van (CSV) entry that will debut as a 2005 model. Delivering an optimal blend of mid-van versatility with SUV-like attributes, the new Buick Terraza will take the segment in a new direction.

The Terraza will be the third entry in Buick's truck portfolio. Terraza will complement Rendezvous and Rainier by delivering another premium, refined experience that blends some of the best qualities of Buick sedans with the utility that today's marketplace demands. Terraza will compete at the upper end of the segment and continue the trend started with Rendezvous to pull new customers into the Buick showroom. Terraza was selected after consumers said the name has a luxurious, yet rugged image and conveyed a strong vehicle with comfort features.

"The crossover sport van will be different from anything available today in the mid-van category," said Anna Kretz, GM vehicle line executive overseeing the new entry. The new vehicle will combine outstanding ride and handling, compelling styling, and convenient features such as power sliding doors. Production will begin in the fourth quarter of 2004.

anyone?

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
Buick's new and up coming Crossover Sport Van.. That is what GM is calling it... Its a minivan with sliding backdoors in an SUV's body

·
Registered
18 Posts
Reliable source tells me Terraza is a Olds Silhouette from top of A pillar back and a Buick Rendezvous from the top of the A pillar forward.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Originally posted by vetteman@Nov 7 2003, 02:06 PM
Reliable source tells me Terraza is a Olds Silhouette from top of A pillar back and a Buick Rendezvous from the top of the A pillar forward.
Ouch! that's gonna suck. :flush:

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Originally posted by vetteman@Nov 7 2003, 09:06 AM
Yes, that sounds right. There was some back and forth in another post, but I think we finally concluded that the upcoming "sport vans" are Chevy Ventures with the heads of Azteks and Rendezvous'. :p

They are not the Lambda architecture crossovers.

Hopefully they will get 3.9L and 3.5L engines, maybe even a supercharged one for the Pontiac "Montana". <_<

I see these "crossovers" as pursuing a couple of goals:

Get rid of the boring Chevy Venture image by stretching the nose out a bit ala the Chevy Express redesign, redo the snore-worthy cheap looking dash, throw in some fold-flat into floor rear seats. All in an attempt to at least try to keep pace with Toyota, Nissan, Honda and Ford minivans.

In the end, unfortunately, if these are not done really well, they will get hammered by the press, and be nothing more or less than modern incarnations of the Pontiac Trans Sport Dustbuster of 10 years ago.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts