GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
http://whatifacar.blogspot.com/

What If A Car?

What if a car wasn't ordered in colors, but in themes?

What if you didn't buy "blue"...
and the leather was khaki, the wood light teak, and the color mediterranean chic?
Then, you wouldn't be buying blue, but Aqua.

What if you didn't buy "black"...
and the trim was aluminum, the seats fiery red, and a color so black, its not even (technically) a color?
Then you wouldn't be buying black, but Igneous.

What if you didn't buy "green"...
and the wood was walnut, the seats a light brown, and outside a vivacious green?
Then you wouldn't be buying green, but Country Side.

What if cars came cool looking, right from the factory?

:bounce:

http://digg.com/travel_places/A_New_Car_Idea

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
whatifacar said:
What If A Car?

What if a car wasn't ordered in colors, but in themes?

What if you didn't buy "blue"...

and the leather was khaki, the wood light teak, and the color mediterranean chic?

Then, you wouldn't be buying blue, but Aqua.

What if you didn't buy "black"...

and the trim was aluminum, the seats fiery red, and a color so black, its not even (technically) a color?

Then you wouldn't be buying black, but Igneous.

What if you didn't buy "green"...

and the wood was walnut, the seats a light brown, and outside a vivacious green?

Then you wouldn't be buying green, but Country Side.

What if cars came cool looking, right from the factory?
It is a nice idea, especially if dealers would like easy options for ordering vehicles to stock on the lots, or customers weren't extremely picky, however, I for one really enjoy making the vehicle exactly as I like it. Meaning, I would be really, really annoyed if I were unable to get the color combinations that I wanted, just because somebody else didn't already pick them out.

Also, in a sense we already see a version of this, hence vehicle manufacturers not offereing every leather color with every exterior color. Meaning, no matter how badly I want to have a red interior with a blue car (hypothetically speaking of course) the manufacturer just won't let me have it that way out of the factory....

Again, really nice idea though, I do know that it would help streamline the ordering process, and help out those that have difficulty with putting together a nice looking package!

-Chase

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
I'd drive a lavender car with acid wash denim seats and sequins if it cornered like an ariel atom.
You sir, mikmak, need a Gremlin with stiffer shock absorbers.

·
Premium Member
36,287 Posts
Is this a timewarp post coming in from the 1960s?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.