GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Banned
6,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From Temple of Vtec:

I have never been so repulsed by a car in my life. I honestly want to vomit. That is the biggest piece of crap I have seen. Everthing is disgusting. Why can honda turn out something so beautiful as the rdx or mdx and then turn this out????? wtf. HONDA, you official suck for even thinking this is acceptable.
It is utterly FUGLY, from front to rear!!!!
Holy Cow... Give me a Buick Enclave, GMC Acadia, or a Toyota Highlander over this thing.
There is nothing aesthetically redeeming about this hideous vehicle. Hell, it looks like a ****ty Jeep.
Goofy headlights, plain taillights, slab side design, small looking wheels. The list just goes on.
WTF is wrong at Honda. Seriously get rid of the guy who heads design. I cannot believe I'm even looking at a Honda.
The interior and exterior look like they were designed by people who hate automobiles.
Get your 08 while you still can.
And TurkMan71 is correct...that front view is a joke right??
i understand it is a 'utility' vehicle but come on..even the Tahoe has some looks to it...not happy with this...on to my next possible??? If they use that front on the ridge, some one is drunk or needs to be drunk at honda.....
After all not everyone is concerned with HP and looks. I think that saying must be part of Honda's mission statement.
Whomever supplies Honda with the accessory nose masks may want to ramp up production as I suspect demand for them will be high with a mug like that.
Some may downsize to the CRV or switch to the Ody. Others will select the better looking Mazda C9, or the GM trio (Outlook, Acadia, Enclave) if they need 3-row seating.
Where the headlights meet the hood is a total design disaster.
The front is interesting. It looks fairly goofy and contrasts with the roughness of the rest of the vehicle.
Goofy is exactly the same word that came to my mind when I looked at the front. It looks like it's in shock or scared of something.
OMG, that's hideous! Looks like an Envoy did it with a Liberty :(
And why the hell is the stereo green?

·
Registered
768 Posts
It isn't just about the pilot. That forum has been hating everything Honda has been releasing. And its not hard to see why. Every time Honda releases a redesign of an Acura or Honda, the whole board goes into revolt.

Honda is ignoring its core customers at its own peril. Many of these guys have never owned anything but a Honda, buy tons of accessories, and are probably great consumer advocates. Now many, especially Acura buyers claim they're jumping ship. However it doesn't seem they're going over to Cadillac. Most of them say BMW is their next stop or Infiniti.

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
It isn't just about the pilot. That forum has been hating everything Honda has been releasing. And its not hard to see why. Every time Honda releases a redesign of an Acura or Honda, the whole board goes into revolt.

Honda is ignoring its core customers at its own peril. Many of these guys have never owned anything but a Honda, buy tons of accessories, and are probably great consumer advocates. Now many, especially Acura buyers claim they're jumping ship. However it doesn't seem they're going over to Cadillac. Most of them say BMW is their next stop or Infiniti.
All the better.....since GM has kept it's sights mainly on Toyota & the BMW/M-B/Infiniti crowd.......Honda merely needs to keep this up for a while, while the General bides it's time and gets it's **** together....

·
Premium Member
9,366 Posts
Very interesting to see what they're saying about it. I wholeheartedly agree, it's one of the most hideous modern vehicles to be on the road. Truly appalling! I can't believe it got approved. GM must be loving this though, I know I am. :D Thank you Honda! :yup:

·
Premium Member
12,557 Posts
Very interesting to see what they're saying about it. I wholeheartedly agree, it's one of the most hideous modern vehicles to be on the road. Truly appalling! I can't believe it got approved. GM must be loving this though, I know I am. :D Thank you Honda! :yup:
here is something else I found there:

:dro:

I wouldn't count them out yet.

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
here is something else I found there:

:dro:

I wouldn't count them out yet.
Of course they're going to be very careful & not shoot themselves in the foot with regards to their entry in one of the most hotly contested segments.......they're going to aim right for the bullseye.

Noone's counting them out yet either......alienating their core fan/customer base with 'peripheral' products like the Pilot though, kind of isolates them in a way.

·
Registered
768 Posts
All the better.....since GM has kept it's sights mainly on Toyota & the BMW/M-B/Infiniti crowd.......Honda merely needs to keep this up for a while, while the General bides it's time and gets it's **** together....
I really don't see how that's a good thing. But I don't think its much of a worry. GM seems to want cadillac to be a lexus type luxury instead of BMW/Infiniti.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts

A lot of Honda owners are selling their Civic Si and moving to another brand (Toyota and Mazda mostly). They're disgusted with the way Honda has treated them over their issues with the car's flawed tranmsission, and Honda's utter refusal to help them. They have been rude, unhelpful, and stubborn in helping the people who pay their income every year, and they are losing customers rapidly as a result.

As for their vehicles, I like most of Honda's cars, but I never liked the exterior of the Pilot. I think the new one is in an improvement, but I think there are much better looking cars in the segment. As for the Accord sedan...it is better looking in real life, but I still don't like the design. The Civic sedan looks bloated as hell. The coupe, however, is incredibly sharp and I love it.

They are destroying their relationship with the people who bleed Honda, and that is not a good sign. I thought Honda's customer service mattered to them, but I was wrong. I have never dealt with more stubborn, rude, unhelpful and unwilling to help individuals in my entire life, not just at the dealerships, but at the corporate level as well.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I own 2 hondas and 2 gm cars and I have to say I think GM and Ford are in the best postion right now to sweep honda away. Ford has cheap leases on almost all of the cars/suvs. GM has many new body styles which look 100% better then a 09 acura RL, 08 accord, 09 pilot, 09 landcruiser. Even as I drove though my development I notice cars looked better 2-3 years ago. I see a new 08 box caravan, a chevy minivan with a messed up front end, a 08 saab 9-3 with funky tail lights and ugly rims. And a new subaru impreza. Iam I the only one who thinks alot of new cars look horrible recently? As for honda I will never own another one, The car is falling apart and doesnt even have 30,000 miles on it, Try taking the car to the dealer all they say is they cant find anything.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
^ I can vouch for that. Before you even walk into the dealership, this is what you hear:

1.) We couldn't replicate it.

2.) We couldn't hear it.

3.) We couldn't find what you are talking about.

4.) This is a common problem on all of <insert model name>.

·
Super Moderator
21,186 Posts
^ I can vouch for that. Before you even walk into the dealership, this is what you hear:

1.) We couldn't replicate it.

2.) We couldn't hear it.

3.) We couldn't find what you are talking about.

4.) This is a common problem on all of <insert model name>.
I heard number 4 when I took the Malibu in for service...but they at least found/fixed the problem.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
A lot of Honda owners are selling their Civic Si and moving to another brand (Toyota and Mazda mostly)....
What could they possibly want at Toyota? Just asking because some Scion owners in our club aren't too happy with the new xD and xB.

As a 2004 Scion Xb owner, I'm not going to get another Scion....unless the come out with some sweet, new model. My next car (a list of them) could be the Camaro, next gen. Astra, Volt, next gen. Aura.

·
Registered
6,830 Posts
It's pretty ugly. I agree with most of the comments.

I bet it still sells, somehow.
Unfortunately its so true. It will sell, just like civicord.

GM had the same thing when they put out the first J-bodys, Fiero, Celebirty, Cutlass, Skylark, etc. ALL Cadillacs (and alante minus last year of model) that were

*ALL* POS. (Minus Grand National and that even had some design elements that left much to be desired despite what GMI fanlovers think:yup:)

GM built POS that was unreliable, Honda builds POS and we will see how bad it is. It won't be *GM* bad, but we will see if people jump ship. Much less to domestic vehicles. Probably Nissan/Toyota/Mazda.

CobaltSS

CobaltSS

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Unfortunately its so true. It will sell, just like civicord.

GM had the same thing when they put out the first J-bodys, Fiero, Celebirty, Cutlass, Skylark, etc. ALL Cadillacs (and alante minus last year of model) that were

*ALL* POS. (Minus Grand National and that even had some design elements that left much to be desired despite what GMI fanlovers think:yup:)

GM built POS that was unreliable, Honda builds POS and we will see how bad it is. It won't be *GM* bad, but we will see if people jump ship. Much less to domestic vehicles. Probably Nissan/Toyota/Mazda.

CobaltSS

CobaltSS

Yep!;)

I've yet to see anything about the Pilot that makes it better than the Lamda's, but I bet it will sell better than any of them. The old Pilot is pretty bland and aging in design, but it's reliable and people seem to love them. We've got a few around here with 150k plus with no real trouble.

If it were my money I'd be buying a Traverse when they come out. I can get a pretty good discount on Chevy's, so the deal is a no brainer to me.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Honda must be doing something right,the sales numbers speak to that. If the CRV can be the #1 selling SUV,then Honda knows a little something that the fanboys and internet geeks don't.
I actually don't think its keeping up the pace. I remember 1 year after it came out it saw huge drops. From about 20,000 a month to 16000, which is where the last CR-V was.

Also, the Accord has been missing the target. It was supposed to hit 40k a month. And its actually down slightly.

Not to mention Pilot, odyssey, and ridgeline are all down. The only true performer is the Fit. Double digit or triple digit increases are the norm.

And the whole acura brand is down except the MDX.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.