GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't remember seeing these as an option for 2009. Are these still in conceptual mode or are they in production?

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Optional on the 2009 Outlook. I'm sure that means the rest of the Lambdas.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Sorry GM has missed by a mile here.

I have said many a time, "Why do you need key pad entry, when you have keyless remote?" while selling GMs?

#1 reason, you are at the mall. You say to your spouse " We'll meet back at the Van around 3:00." you toss the keys into the door pocket, the first 1 back "Punches in the code and waits in the Van"

#2 reason, You are in the yard and need a tool out of the van. "Do you have to go into the house to get the keys to unlock the van? No, type in a 5 didgit code and grab the inflter' wrench, or what have you"

The key pad is cool and helpful. trust me.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Uh, doh, how does the lack of a keypad entry make the keyfobs a miss? This is for remote-start equipped vehicles, and with or without the keypad feature allows remote starts at a much greater distance than the standard remotes, along with providing information on a variety of vehicular functions. To me, after the range improvement, the feedback (DID it start, how long's it been running, etc.) is a big reason that this did NOT miss the mark. But being so little known and hard to find does seem to be an issue.

Don't misunderstand, I completely agree with your keypad points too, but they don't make the fob a miss. They'd be a good ALSO to go with this. When I go to the park to exercise, I'd love to be able to lock my keys in the car and still get in, rather than worrying about carrying the keys around in my gym shorts' pocket, risking loss or damage.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Have one in my hand right now. Most ridiculous thing I have ever seen. Did you think the GTO key was big? Wait until you see one of these. Hideous....

As far as function, I guess it give you a lot more info, but how did we get by all these years without knowing what our tire pressures were from inside the house?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts