GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the a/c was out on my old car and it was 11 years old. I kept driving it to work, but the wife says time to get a new car. (I work at a BPG dealer).

We already own 2 G6's and a Vibe (wife and kids cars). They have all been great cars, but just not for me. The G5 looked too much like a teen car, and I was trying to buy cheap with all that insurance and such.

I don't know what even made me look at a Canyon. I'd owned full size trucks before, but it's been years. Basically all it would be for was commuting back and forth to work twelve miles one way. We rarely haul anything that won't fit in a car.

So I decided on the 4cyl/auto combination. It's a basic truck (SL) with tilt, cruise, radio, bed liner and aluminum wheels.

Best initial quality GM vehicle I've ever purchased and I go back to the late seventies.

Fit and finish are great. Paint job excellent, seat stitching good. No squeaks, rattles, water leaks or windnoise. Shifts flawlessly, cruise and a/c work great.

22 mpg on my first tank of fuel. Should have no problem getting the 24 est hwy when it's broken in.

The only thing I would change? The low fuel light came on and I filled up immediately, 15.8 gallons. The manual says it holds 19.

Great job Shreveport Assembly plant.

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
Congrats, MrCritical on your new truck. Sounds like a great purchase.

Now you have to change your "Drives" line in your profile.

:drive:
<------

·
Registered
82 Posts
The only thing I would change? The low fuel light came on and I filled up immediately, 15.8 gallons. The manual says it holds 19.
Same thing with my Silverado. Light comes on and I can only fit 27-28 gallons and my tank is 34. I try not to do that but it has gone that low a few times.

Good luck and enjoy your new truck.

Mike

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Careful you calling the Canyon around here "one of the best GM vehicles you owned". You will be slaughtered for it, I know.

Congrats on the Canyon purchase, I am on my second (had an '05 also) and love it. You must show us some pics!

Need some tips or have questions, just ask. You can also go here: http://canyonfans.com (it is also known as colorado fans).

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Congrats on the new truck...

Pics?

·
Registered
353 Posts
I hope its a great Buy for you.
We haven't sold one here in over a year, and I hope that changes soon because it is a nice truck, and the right price!

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. Everyone complains about the colorado/canyon twins, but I like my colorado. So far its been trouble free with 40k+ miles. I actually like that the low fuel light comes on early, that way I can still drive for a bit and know that at least I won't run out of gas right away.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Careful you calling the Canyon around here "one of the best GM vehicles you owned". You will be slaughtered for it, I know.

Congrats on the Canyon purchase, I am on my second (had an '05 also) and love it. You must show us some pics!

Need some tips or have questions, just ask. You can also go here: http://canyonfans.com (it is also known as colorado fans).
thanks for posting that link. without a doubt those were some of the hottest collies and cannies i've ever seen!!!

·
Registered
11,898 Posts
Congratulations on your Canyon. I wouldn't mind one myself

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Congrats on the truck! I was about to buy one, but they got rid of the $7000 discount in Canada from what I understand. So now the base one is around $22k ;(

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
Great news and congrats on the new truck. My daughter's Colorado is one of my favorite rides, just the right size for my truck needs.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Congrats and enjoy. I love my Canyon, it has been better then my old 03 Sonoma in almost every way.

·
Registered
18,488 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
TO MR. CRITICAL -

So the low fuel guage went on with 3.2 gallons left in the tank. In my world, 3.2 gallons is a very small amount of gas, besides nearly all GM vehicles have had a low fuel light and/or chime sound when gas was within 3 gallons of running out. Some systems that detect low fuel activate within roughly 70 miles of running out of fuel. Based on your experience it is completely normal and all systems are working fine. I'm glad you are so pleased with your purchase.

MR. Critical wrote the following statement below about his 08' Canyon.

What GM Did Right-My '08 Canyon

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So the a/c was out on my old car and it was 11 years old. I kept driving it to work, but the wife says time to get a new car. (I work at a BPG dealer).

We already own 2 G6's and a Vibe (wife and kids cars). They have all been great cars, but just not for me. The G5 looked too much like a teen car, and I was trying to buy cheap with all that insurance and such.

I don't know what even made me look at a Canyon. I'd owned full size trucks before, but it's been years. Basically all it would be for was commuting back and forth to work twelve miles one way. We rarely haul anything that won't fit in a car.

So I decided on the 4cyl/auto combination. It's a basic truck (SL) with tilt, cruise, radio, bed liner and aluminum wheels.

Best initial quality GM vehicle I've ever purchased and I go back to the late seventies.

Fit and finish are great. Paint job excellent, seat stitching good. No squeaks, rattles, water leaks or windnoise. Shifts flawlessly, cruise and a/c work great.

22 mpg on my first tank of fuel. Should have no problem getting the 24 est hwy when it's broken in.

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
TO MR. CRITICAL -

So the low fuel guage went on with 3.2 gallons left in the tank. In my world, 3.2 gallons is a very small amount of gas, besides nearly all GM vehicles have had a low fuel light and/or chime sound when gas was within 3 gallons of running out. Some systems that detect low fuel activate within roughly 70 miles of running out of fuel. Based on your experience it is completely normal and all systems are working fine. I'm glad you are so pleased with your purchase.

MR. Critical wrote the following statement below about his 08' Canyon.

What GM Did Right-My '08 Canyon

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You know if someone that calls himself "Mr. Critical" is so happy with his truck it must really be good :D

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 17 of 17 Posts