GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the years Ford has had products that were loved at the time but retired when things like gas got back or they stupidly changed the names. But which ones do we want to return.

I want a Bronco built on a smaller Explorer platform. A Galaxie based on the Interceptor concept. The return of the Torino would be nice. A shorter wheelbase musclecar called the Maverick.

·
Registered
11,898 Posts
The 302/5.0L. The last great Ford V8

·
Registered
5,986 Posts
in addition to the ones we can sorta-assume are in the pipeline (Falcon,Continental):
Mercury Milanetto/XR3/Capri (Bobcat,Lynx,Tracer,Topaz; something sub-Milan)

will prolley think of others

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
255 Windsor

:D

Really though, I would like to see hatchbacks and wagons in general to come back into their lineup.

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
Red Gran Torino with the white stripe. :D

1969 Mercury Cougar.

1980s Mercury XR7

·
Registered
116 Posts
Bronco (a lot of rumors about this) and more RWD cars (we should get one in a few years I think).

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
SVT please, the whole car line should have a version. Or even just some true sport models. I miss the days of the Taurus SHO, SVT Contour (fortunately I have one) etc. Going back further, the V8 LTD LX, T-Bird Turbo Coupe and Super Coupe, Mark VII LSC etc. The lack of bona fide sport models robs the lineup of valuable good press and comparo results and adds to the overall perception of blandness.

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Fortunately, I haven't bought any Ford products so I have nothing to return.
You misunderstand......the point of this thread = Ford products you want to make a comeback ;)

·
Registered
116 Posts
An awesome sedan with leading edge styling and alternative powerplant to greatly exceed the new 35 mpg CAFE standards, call it Galaxy 500!
Sounds like your describing the hybrid fusion thats supposed to come out.

·
Registered
11,071 Posts
Lincoln Mark V with Cartier clock.

'77 Cougar with padded bootlid designed to look like luggage (WTF was that all about?)

Ford Elite.

Mercury Bobcat.

'83 LTD, but from Venezuela, so I could baffle neighbors with my "1983 Ford Granada".

Festiva.

Tempo.

Mid-80s T-bird Turbo coupe with that tiny little square tach in the dash centre where the clock ought to be.

Country-Squire family wagon with facing-one-another ****ey seats.

An old Mercury Turnpike Cruiser with a retractable rear window. (nothing kills shouts of "Are we there yet" quicker than carbon monoxide..)

The Aussie Capri.

My Mom's old '68 Ford Zephyr 3-litre Super with no power steering.

Oh, and I've hired a Voodoo Priestess (this is New Orleans, so I can find a real one!) to hex all of you who asked for the (any 72-88)Thunderbird to return...

:D

·
Registered
11,071 Posts
But seriously...

The only Ford products that I think anyone outside of diehard Ford/domestic fans miss are the old Broncos and Bronco II's. The latter would likely find more than just a few ready and willing customers. Ford were absolutely insane not to put the Bronco II concept into production.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts