Originally posted by Pontiaddict@Mar 14 2004, 02:03 AM
The ones I've talked to like the Monaro GTO better than the Pontiac GTO
How are they different???

·
Registered
212 Posts
Here's HSV range, and the HSV GTO.
http://hsv.com.au/cars/vy2/default.htm
The HSV version was named before the Pontiac program took off, unfortunately this has made it a bit confusing with 'two types of GTO' on different sides of the planet.

As an Australian I think its fantastic that Holdens are finally getting recognition outside Australia, and love to see so many happy Americans talk about their "Monaros". All of us Austalian are extremely proud to see local product with its 'name in lights' so to speak. I think the Pontiac nose is a little overstyled, but I can see that its needed to fit in with the current range of Pontiacs. Go to the Holden site and you can see that the Holden style is more conservative with the 'bar grille'.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Originally posted by GotAWD@Mar 13 2004, 08:49 PM
i love the HRT427.  i wish i lived in australia for the cars.
The HRT427 wasn't built... Holden cancelled it.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Originally posted by FunkyPig@Mar 13 2004, 09:52 PM
As an Australian I think its fantastic that Holdens are finally getting recognition outside Australia
Motorsports fans In North America have had a great appreciation for the Holden's for quite a few years via the broadcast of the Aussie V8 Supercar series on SPEED Channel which is shown during the North American racing "off season".

I'd like to see more of the Holden's on this side of the pond. Holden is building the kind of car I want to buy whereas GM North America is not.

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Don't hold your breath for an AWD GTO.

The aussies have a great company, making great cars and thank-you for getting a GTO back in Pontiac's lineup.

·
Registered
42 Posts
See, that is what I am talking about GTS Coupe. Now I would buy that. 402hp, styling. Don't tell me about meeting NHTSA criteria.

if they build it they might come
if they build it right they will again

·
Registered
4 Posts
I personally feel that the Monaro is one of the sexiest cars on the road here (Australia). It has a shape that is timeless like an XKE.
Unfortunately the GTO style front clip makes the front end look too heavy.
Most people (those that don't own one) seem to feel that the styling is too bland.
I like to compare it to being accompanied by a woman of classic beauty rather than a blonde bimbo with big t*ts just so that the other guys will take notice.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts