GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm hoping someone has the scoop on what changes will be made to the Tahoe line in the 2005 model year.

I've already been told there will be a DVD-NAV system available finally (the same one that's on the current Denali) and they are going to do something about the ping and piston slap issue as well.

What other changes are going to happen?

I will be waiting for the 2005 models to get the in-dash DVD-NAV system. I do not want one of those aftermarket pop out ones and I don't want to lose my steering wheel controls and other features.

Any info from the "inside"?

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
I have seen the '05 Tahoe info and nothing BIG is changing, just new colors, different wheels, new packages, and like you said; a DVD-Nav...

The Tahoe gets a major makeover in 2007..

·
Registered
922 Posts
He said 9-9x thats funny... wait stop joking they might do it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the confirmation info nsap.

Do you have any idea when the 2005 model year vehicles will be available?

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
Originally posted by Snap315@Dec 29 2003, 09:09 PM
Thanks for the confirmation info nsap.

Do you have any idea when the 2005 model year vehicles will be available?
My guess: Fall of 2004... That is when the next year's models come out..

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Are they getting the Silvarado/Avalanche front end? I really wish GM would hurry up on the redesign of teh interior. Its a truck, I know but a 60k Caddy SUV needs to have at least a differet dash then a 18k base fleet silvarado.

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
Originally posted by bigals87z28@Dec 30 2003, 05:26 AM
Are they getting the Silvarado/Avalanche front end? I really wish GM would hurry up on the redesign of teh interior. Its a truck, I know but a 60k Caddy SUV needs to have at least a differet dash then a 18k base fleet silvarado.
Last I heard was that the Tahoe and Suburban were getting the Silverado/Avalanche front..... On the Escalade interior: 2005 is going to be ALL NEW, and very detailed....

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wait a minute...

I was told that the front end redesign wasn't happening until 2006-2007.

Has that changed? Will the new (and UGLY IMHO :( ) front ends be on the 2005 models?

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Originally posted by Snap315@Dec 30 2003, 06:41 PM
Wait a minute...

Has that changed? Will the new (and UGLY IMHO :( ) front ends be on the 2005 models?
I dont see how its ugly, I think its mean looking. Honestly, when I see it, I think its pissed off at me that I had the nerve to drive my POS taurus instead of my Z28, and then I had the balls to get in front of him. Kinda has this face :angry: with the eyebrows and all. Looks pretty sweet, and way better then the dodge's all grill frong and fords cute and purdy front end.

I think the SUV's will look good. And the 'lade gets a whole new interior!! HOLY CRAP LUTZ IS DA MAN!! Bout time! The Navi was killing the 'lades on the inside, to bad you cant say the same about the outside. I think thats the best thing Caddy did was to move away from the generic GM SUV front end grill in the first gen and put on its own unique nose. The Navi looks like a fancy expedition.

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
Originally posted by Snap315@Dec 30 2003, 12:41 PM
Wait a minute...

What I meant by the 2005 ALL NEW... I was talking about the Escalade Interior

the Tahoe and Suburban will not get the Silverado front unti 2007

·
Registered
20 Posts
Originally posted by bigals87z28+Dec 30 2003, 07:13 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigals87z28 @ Dec 30 2003, 07:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Snap315@Dec 30 2003, 06:41 PM
Wait a minute...

Has that changed?  Will the new (and UGLY IMHO  :(  ) front ends be on the 2005 models?
I dont see how its ugly, I think its mean looking. Honestly, when I see it, I think its pissed off at me that I had the nerve to drive my POS taurus instead of my Z28, and then I had the balls to get in front of him. Kinda has this face :angry: with the eyebrows and all. Looks pretty sweet, and way better then the dodge's all grill frong and fords cute and purdy front end.

I think the SUV's will look good. And the 'lade gets a whole new interior!! HOLY CRAP LUTZ IS DA MAN!! Bout time! The Navi was killing the 'lades on the inside, to bad you cant say the same about the outside. I think thats the best thing Caddy did was to move away from the generic GM SUV front end grill in the first gen and put on its own unique nose. The Navi looks like a fancy expedition. [/b][/quote]
I don't think anyone will argue that it looks good on the Avalanche. Then again, that whole truck's sheetmetal/cladding is done in the same motif with hard angles such as the fender flares. I cringe to think of what a Tahoe will look like with the creased nose and the curvy bulge below the C-pilar (which I might add, is the single greatest thing about the current sheetmetal because it adds something to prevent the vehicle from looking long, slab-sided, and boring). Then again, I already know, please see Escalade.

On the Silverado and, I assume, the similar Tahoe, the front end is competely out of character with the rest of the truck. Compare the angled nose with the arched fender flares. Now move back to the tail lamps. Those are circles. But that is okay because they discontinued the trim pieces for the truck's bed, so the rear already doesn't match the front. If they make the sheetmetal similar to the original avalanche with the steroid pumping WWF wrestler inspired fenders to match the front end's scowl. I'd love it in an instant. The very thought is folly however because they will not do this until their ugly Silverado line loses the market share that it deserves to as a result of this subpar design.

I don't mind if other people like something else as long as what I like is available also. I'd quite my griping and buy a Colorado if they included 6000 lb of towing capacity. The net result, I have no truck to buy in three years when I am due to pick up a lightly used 1/2-ton.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts