GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok my managers lease if about to expire on her 2005 nissan pathfinder. she asked me today if she should keep it or give it back. i told her to give it back because its running into proplems lights on the dash keep comeing on, and with gas prices its not worth it. she said ok and i asked her what does she want. she said something sporty good on gas and good in the snow. It has to be good in the snow. so i thought the pontiac G6 2 door and the drop top or the saab 93 drop top. How are these cars in the snow? my dads malibu maxx was awful in the snow and im now alittle unsure about how they take in the snow.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i looked for the CTS AWD on edmunds and didnt see it. the limit is around 40G she can spend. thats how much she spent for the pathfinder

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Cts Di Awd ?

^^ Why are the letters in lower case?

·
Registered
464 Posts
A base CTS AWD with Luxury Level 1 is $40,390.

They're lowercase because vBulletin doesn't allow all caps posts.

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
i looked for the CTS AWD on edmunds and didnt see it. the limit is around 40G she can spend. thats how much she spent for the pathfinder
It might be hard to find one under $40k. I built one on Cadillac's website and it was $38,200 with no options.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
No G6, the 3.5 is bad on gas and the tranny isn't that great. that's why i didn't get her another one. Go for the 9-3 if she likes it. they are very very nice

·
Banned
17,572 Posts

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea i told her ill take her to the saab dealer and look at them. i also am going to take her to look at the 2008 malibu LTZ. the CTS i think should would look with the AWD. ill have to go check out the caddy dealers around and see what they got the 3.5L my dad had in are malibu maxx was nice and good on gas. i just dont know how it will be in the snow for the G6 she lives ontop of a hill.

·
Registered
11,898 Posts
3.5 is NOT bad on gas. My 2004 Malibu got 25-27 MPG regularly. The 9-3 is a good choice too though.
I was about to say that too...definitely not bad on gas. My aunt and uncle have an '05 Malibu and they get 30+ mpg doing 70 mph. I've spoken with a few other people and they say the same. The 4 speed auto with them is a good unit as well

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
we are going to go look at the legacy also. but i told her about the cts awd today and she really liked the sound of it so we are going to go look at that first.

·
Registered
5,864 Posts
The CTS is more of a car for middle-aged males.

I don't know if she's going to like its styling and the Caddy sedan image. Women are picky about this kind of thing.

If she doesn't, then the Legacy GT (turbo 2.5L) sounds good, but it doesn't have all that great of gas-milage.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
shes 37 i think the cars she is going to fall for is the 93 or the g6 is she dont like the cts. the likes that the g6 has a hard top but liked the style of the 93 so we will see when we go look at them in person

·
Registered
5,864 Posts
shes 37 i think the cars she is going to fall for is the 93 or the g6 is she dont like the cts. the likes that the g6 has a hard top but liked the style of the 93 so we will see when we go look at them in person
If she like stylish convertibles, there are more choices out there.

These all have powered retractable hardtops:

• Mazda MX-5 (~$24k MSRP)
  • VW EOS 2.0T (~$28k MSRP)
  • Volvo C70 T5 (~$39k MSRP)

Most expensive being the Volvo C70. But, it has more presence and style than all of all of the cars above, including the Pontiac G6 and SAAB 9-3.

She would probably like it... women love Volvos.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
the saab dealer we are going to is a volvo dealer to so we will take a look at them also. VW she wont get her friend had a jetta and it was junk so she knows to stay away from vw. for the vue hybrid. im going to take her to saturn to see the aura but she said she dont like small suvs. the pathfinder goes to get fixed tomorrow and then we are going to go look at all these difforent cars. she kept saying something about a nissan coupe im like what the altima or 350z she said she dont know what it is.

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Might want to wait on the CTS coupe...

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
we went and looked today for a little. she didnt like the volvo or the legacy. they saab 93 she loved. we are going to go look at the g6 vibe GT and a g5 this week and them to the cts. i didnt think she wanted a g5 so i didnt bring it up to her but today she said she liked my car and thought it was cute.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts