1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
11,898 Posts
ask Chevyrules about what Saturn drivers think of Bimmers...

·
Banned
1,083 Posts
Apparently you have not driven a 335i or 135i. Or even a //M car.
Nor has he ever driven a Mini, 1978 Honda CVCC, 1968 Fiat or any other noisy, obnoxious, nerve-racking yet well-handling small car.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nor has he ever driven a Mini, 1978 Honda CVCC, 1968 Fiat or any other noisy, obnoxious, nerve-racking yet well-handling small car.
lol apparently nor have you driven a 335i/135i/M-series. A Mini, CVCC, etc are completely different. That's like saying comparing a 1960's Camaro against a new C6. they both go fast in a straight line and they can both be loud, but that's about where the similarities end.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
my friend CHEVYRULES apparently you have no idea what the hell your talkin about i have owned a 328i convertable and it is still over priced especially now when a 135i comes in at 40,000! I can get a full blown CTS for that, please don't talk out of yer ass!!

·
Premium Member
7,940 Posts
my friend CHEVYRULES apparently you have no idea what the hell your talkin about i have owned a 328i convertable and it is still over priced especially now when a 135i comes in at 40,000! I can get a full blown CTS for that, please don't talk out of yer ass!!
Hmmm....... I can get a fully loaded CTS for $40K? Wait, wasn't the one I test drove $45K( non DI) and $49K(DI)? I think so........ And do you think the CTS can match the 335i/135i in performance and driving experience? Seeing how my family has a 335xi which I have driven quite a bit, I think I know what I am talking about when it comes to how it drives...... Plus, the CTS doesn't compete with the 3 series. It is not even close to being the same size......

·
Super Moderator
21,022 Posts
Same thing Chevy drivers think of Kia.

I have to be honest though, if I could afford to buy new BMW's I think I'd have a hard time justifying the purchase of something like a Saturn or Dodge.
I would buy an Aura XR just for the styling, especially if the Insignia is brought over as the next gen. Aura.
But I'd still get a CTS-V over an M5, CTS over a 5-series...

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Chevy rules its not the point , when a 3 series competitor arrives from caddy whatever its called it will be priced right and kick its ass!!! sort of like the cts does the 5!! BMW arent hand built or anything special that warrents there price premium!

·
Premium Member
7,940 Posts
Chevy rules its not the point , when a 3 series competitor arrives from caddy whatever its called it will be priced right and kick its ass!!! sort of like the cts does the 5!! BMW arent hand built or anything special that warrents there price premium!
The 535i is a bit faster then the CTS DI......( 5.6 vs 5.9). Seriously, it is all about taste.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
I am not discrediting BMW for there cars they are well made great driving vehicles , what I don't like is the fact that they charge a premium just because they decide too.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Honestly, I have never really liked Saturn to begin with but they are getting better. However I could give a monkeys behind what most BMW drivers think. Their "holier than thou"and "I'm better than you" attitude really turns me off. I doubt they're all like that, but most of them are that I've encountered.

·
Banned
1,083 Posts
I am not discrediting BMW for there cars they are well made great driving vehicles , what I don't like is the fact that they charge a premium just because they decide too.
They're "great-driving vehicles" just because they have no sound insulation and, like the Mini, the steering and suspension components are bolted directly to the chassis. That's all. No money invested, no secret engineering. Just ordinary suspension and steering componentry attached to a unibody frame.
A short wheelbase also keeps weight low and steering ratio quick and tight. This is all. Nothing to it.

In other words, BMW takes a taxi used in the global taxi fleets (except here in the US), slaps on some fake leather (vinyl), some plywood veneer and a gas drivetrain and sells it here for like 40K and sometimes 50K. Wealthy people, being the fools they are (sell 'em a fake V. Constantin watch for 10K and they wouldn't know the difference 'till the gold coating starts to wear off. That's how dumb they are), will shell out any amount of $$$ for a European econo-box w/fake leather and plywood insolong as the automotive journalists say it handles like a Mini Cooper (because thats what it is...).

·
Banned
1,083 Posts
Honestly, I have never really liked Saturn to begin with but they are getting better. However I could give a monkeys behind what most BMW drivers think. Their "holier than thou"and "I'm better than you" attitude really turns me off. I doubt they're all like that, but most of them are that I've encountered.
Bimmer drivers don't have an "I'm better than you" attitude; they just buy whatever idiot at Car and Driver or any other journalist at the French Press tells them to buy.

How do you guys like the avitar change?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts